Sr. Financial Analyst, Department of Medicine
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: February 26, 2021
Job Description - Sr. Financial Analyst, Department of Medicine
(3140782) Sr. Financial Analyst, Department of Medicine - ( 3140782
) The Financial Analyst will report to the Director of Finance and
Revenue and support the Department of Medicine on financial
analysis and projects. The Financial Analyst will work closely with
the Director of Finance to understand and evaluate financial
performance and financial issues facing the Department. PRINCIPAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The job's primary responsibilities
include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversight of DOM faculty compensation reviews, including, but
not limited to, collaboration with Divisions on compensation plans,
evaluation of off-cycle salary change requests, review and
validation of special pays, monitoring of commitments, conducting
annual compensation surveys, etc.
- Assist with month end and year end close.
- Assist with monthly review and analysis of actual/budget
variances for FTEs and operating funds for reporting to all levels
of management. Assist with oversight of Primary Care financial
reviews and third party relationships.
- Develop, improve and maintain the DOM annual budget
- Actively participate in the annual Brigham Health budget
- Assist with strategic analyses in support of business
- Assist with the development and enhancement the monthly,
quarterly, annual reporting packages for all levels of
- Provide financial support for departmental forecasts, analyze
key performance indicators, and provide input for operational
- Effectively communicate and present issues to appropriate
levels of finance, management or external customers.
- Assist with or lead special projects which are central to
improving analytical tools, internal processes, and the overall
management decision process.
- Evaluate areas of responsibilities and continuously drive for
- Assist with other analytical assignments; ad hoc reporting as
required. WORKING CONDITION At this time, the Mass General Brigham
workforce is primarily remote. The majority of time, this position
will be working remotely, though it is reasonable to anticipate
in-office/on-campus work -1 day/week and possibly more during
especially busy periods. Due to the size, complexity and
multi-institutional nature of this position, the pace of the work
is hectic and challenging. The workload could necessitate working
evenings and portion of weekends. The above is intended to describe
the general contents and requirements of work being performed by
people assigned to the classification. It is not intended to be an
exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or skills
required of personnel to classified.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
Administration. Masters Degree a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience in healthcare or
business environment that has extensive fiscal responsibility,
including budgeting, forecasting and cost/benefit analysis.
- Excellent computer skills especially in spreadsheets and
databases using Microsoft Office products. Advanced or expert level
user of MS Excel (Pivot tables and common Excel formulas).
- Proficient in budgetary or accounting principles and practices
as applicable to experience/education required. SKILLS/ ABILITIES/
- Ability to prepare, interpret, and analyze financial statements
and cash flow analyses.
- Exceptional research and organizational skills.
- Able to take initiative, including how to identify resources to
answer questions and find required data and information.
- Ability to work both independently and in a teamwork
- Ability to exercise excellent decision-making skills, to
prioritize workload, and to manage multiple complex and concurrent
projects and re-establish priorities as necessary.
- Astute attention to details; commitment to accuracy and
integrity of all data, reports, and communications.
- Excellent communication (both oral and written), collaboration,
and presentation skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to excel in a fast paced and
deadline-oriented environment. Must be a team player and willing to
take on additional challenges if needed.
- A high degree of social facility in obtaining cooperation and
support from a broad range of people.
- Exceptional judgment and discretion in interacting with
constituencies (internal and external) on sensitive political,
fiscal and confidential issues.
- Knowledge of standard Mass General Brigham systems (e.g.,
PeopleSoft, Vision, POLR, etc.) a plus. Brigham and Women's
Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation,
protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Primary
Location Work Locations 75 Francis St Job Organization Brigham &
Women's Hospital(BWH) Schedule Full-time Standard Hours 40 Shift
Day Job Employee Status Regular Recruiting Department BWH
Department Of Medicine
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Boston , Sr. Financial Analyst, Department of Medicine, Accounting, Auditing , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!