Program Coordinator (IHP)
Company: Massachusetts General Physicians' Organization
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job Description - Program Coordinator (IHP) (3144019) ABOUT MGH
INSTITUTE: MGH Institute of Health Professions is a graduate school
in Boston that provides entry-level and post-professional programs
in Nursing, Communication Sciences and Disorders, Genetic
Counseling,--Occupational Therapy,--Physical Therapy, and Physician
Assistant Studies. The PhD in Rehabilitation Sciences and a PhD and
Master of Science in Health Professions Education have been added
in recent years to meet rising demand for highly educated health
care professionals, educators, and researchers. Integrating
classroom learning with research and clinical experience, the
Institute grants doctoral degrees, master's degrees, awards
certificates of advanced study, and offers continuing education to
practicing professionals. The IHP--is the only degree-granting
affiliate in--Mass General Brigham (MGB ), the largest private
employer in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The Institute has
been recognized multiple times by The Chronicle of Higher Education
as a "Great College to Work For." A leading health sciences
educational institution, MGH Institute provides students with
outstanding academic programs, many of which are ranked among the
best in the nation. MGH Institute of Health Professions has
announced an organization-wide anti-racism initiative to think
boldly about race and bring together all members of the IHP
community to address systemic racial injustice as well as
oppression more broadly. The plan seeks to create a supportive and
inclusive campus environment and better support the diverse
communities the school serves. We are excited about this new
initiative and are hiring employees who are committed to justice,
equity, diversity, and inclusion and will contribute to our
anti-racism and anti-oppression approach. POSITION SUMMARY: The
Office for Continuing and Professional Development (CPD) is an
entity within the MGH Institute of Health Professions with a
mission to create innovative and accessible continuing professional
development for practitioners and educators in the areas of
healthcare, leadership, and education. CPD is jointly accredited by
the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME),
the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing
education for the healthcare team. CPD is seeking a Program
Coordinator, who will work closely with the CPD team to support
maintenance of accreditation and both new and existing continuing
education (CE) initiatives and programming. This position requires
collaborative communication skills with course directors, faculty,
subject matter experts, and potential and enrolled learners.
Excellent organizational skills will be required, with the ability
to prioritize and task-switch as needed, in the setting of multiple
overlapping or parallel courses and--programs.
- Joint Accreditation Program Administration (60%): Monitoring
and maintenance of Joint Accreditation documentation, records, and
- Maintains CE documentation and data collection in adherence to
Joint Accreditation criteria (ACCME, ANCC, ACPE, ASWB, APA, ASHA)
including ACCME Standards for Commercial Support.
- Provides compliance review of activities and materials prior to
launch to ensure independence, fair balance, scientific rigor,
appropriateness for target audience, and compliance with
accreditation criteria and standards.
- Maintains, tracks, and updates faculty and planner information
and CVs for accredited CE activities.
- Maintains post-activity follow-up and communications including
evaluation summaries, post course financial summary, end of course
review, and certificate administration.
- Coordinates and reviews current CE activity submission and
- Collects and analyzes CE activity data to support CPD mission,
goals, and accreditation criteria and standards.
- Provides meeting coordination and support services for
Interprofessional Review Committee members on a quarterly
- Assists in developing summary reports to IHP stakeholders and
accreditors, as needed.
- Program Planning Support (30%): Manages administrative and
event-planning support functions for CPD program portfolio.
- Provides project support for new and existing CE programming
(in-person, hybrid, virtual, and web-based learning activities)
including review of planning documentation, meeting scheduling,
coordination of shared tasks for course teams, and communication
- Conveys and manages timely and professional communication with
staff, accrediting bodies, contractors, vendors, program faculty,
instructional designers, instructional technologists, and other
- Assists in the marketing and promotion of CE activities,
including distribution of promotional materials and social media
- Provides research support in the needs assessment stage of
- Supports the build out of accredited online CPD courses on the
learning management system, Desire2Learn, including accreditation
statements, disclosures, evaluation and certificates.
- Serves as an internal resource for development of CE
educational activities and builds internal resources and materials,
- Processes and tracks purchase orders, check requests, and
business expense reports via online accounts payable and CPD
systems. Maintains familiarity with MGB Finance policy changes and
processes as needed.
- Monitors spending to stay within program budgets.
- Attends and oversees logistics for occasional weekend and
- Provides coverage for CPD Program Manager, as needed.
- Faculty Support (10%)
- Provides faculty scheduling support program development
- Provides administrative and calendar management support to CPD
Director and Associate Director, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in an office environment required.
- Healthcare or higher education experience preferred.
- Experience in graduate medical education or continuing
education a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent oral and written
- Must be comfortable working independently and in a
collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint,
Word). Experience with learning management systems a plus.
- Experience in cultivating professional working relationships
with students, faculty, and staff.
- Strong customer service skills. The MGH Institute of Health
Professions is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to
enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We welcome
nominations and applications from individuals who would bring
diversity of experience, thought and practice to the Institute's
research, teaching and clinical missions. Applications from
protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly
Keywords: Massachusetts General Physicians' Organization, Boston , Program Coordinator (IHP), Accounting, Auditing , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!