Senior Project Manager
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Posted Date 3 weeks ago (12/17/2020 4:11 PM) Job ID 2020-4122 #
of Openings 1 Job Locations US-MA-Boston Category Project
Management Type Regular Full-Time Overview NV5 is a provider of
engineering and consulting services to public and private sector
clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals:
Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services;
Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and
Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5
helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate
projects that improve the communities where we live and work. As
engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental
professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our
communities through the services we provide. We are looking for
passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on--
Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives . The basic function of
the Senior Project Manager position is to plan, develop,
coordinate, and direct a number of projects concurrently including
acting as primary contact for the firm in all contractual and
project-related communications. The Senior Project Manager works
closely with the Group Leader(s) to ensure that company goals and
guidelines are maintained. This position also develops and
maintains client relationships, develops business opportunities,
and promote services, reputation, and name throughout the industry.
- Responsible for project planning and managing schedules and
budgets to complete work on time and profitably; plays major role
in conceptualizing design and overseeing all aspects of the
project, including reviewing work of interdisciplinary team to
secure and successfully manage projects through demonstrated
technical and managerial skills.
- Responsible for business development for both new and existing
clients. Must be able to identify and contact new potential clients
through business/peer contacts, identify new market sectors, and
develop strategies to gain work and new projects, update and
develop marketing material and procedures, attend industry
organization events and society meetings.
- Maintains industry reputation by always conducting business in
a courteous and professional manner.
- Assists in defining staffing needs for the Principal Engineers
for specific projects and coordinating staff assignments with the
Principal Engineers to ensure optimal utilization of staff and
timely delivery of high quality products and services.
- Reviews individual project workloads, deadlines, budgets, and
requirements with the responsible engineers; ensures quality
standards, schedules, and deadlines are met; strives to complete
the project to the full satisfaction of the client and within the
established budget and schedule.
- Performs quality control review of responsible engineer's
design drawings, specifications, and cost estimates to ensure
compliance with contract requirements.
- Applies organizational and management expertise to unique and
complex projects and is able to effectively diagnose problems,
prepare course of action, and implement the course of action to
provide an appropriate solution or resolution of the problem.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of proposals and
contracts by developing project approach, scope of services and
budgets based on similar project experience and historical
budgeting information and by speaking at client interviews
regarding project management issues. This also includes negotiating
fees to perform projects of a certain scope, reviewing and
approving written proposal documents, and obtaining authorized
signatures on contracts.
- Responsible for insuring that work and contract terms have been
complied with including maintenance of project files, attendance at
meetings, holding of periodic team meetings, and maintaining good
relationships with the client. Responsible for maintaining QA/QC
drawing(s) in the file.
- Oversees Construction Administration process, including
resolving field problems occurring during construction.
- Maintains positive client relationship and facilitates exchange
of project related information through regular verbal/written
communication, including the development of project status reports.
Reviews all correspondence prior to issuance.
- Takes active role in marketing activities including performing
client marketing/maintenance and cross-selling of services
available beyond scope requirements for procurement of future
- Responsible for training and supervision of more junior level
- Has a general knowledge of all disciplines so that potential
issues can be identified and addressed; oversees coordination of
all trades for his or her assigned projects.
- Assists in the preparation of accurate monthly billings, or
more frequently when required, through timely submission of
invoices to the accounting department.
- Maintains an accurate assessment of project status through
effective communications with client and internal project
- Oversees selection of sub-consultants based on in-house or
outside research or referrals.
- Works with minimal direction or supervision through
demonstrated success with similar project responsibilities.
- Other duties as required or assigned. Personal Characteristics:
- Professional demeanor and excellent presentation skills.
- Follows and accepts work rules and procedures.
- Ability to maintain composure at all times, think quickly, and
respond appropriately during all situations.
- Well-developed business development skills.
- Ability to make quick decisions and effectively implement
actions related to decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to positively
interact with staff at every level of the organization.
- Ability to build an effective team, facilitate team spirit, and
resolve conflicts independently.
- Communicates effectively with staff, vendors, and clients.
- Graduate from an engineering curriculum accredited by the
A.E.T, non-accredited engineering curriculum, related engineering
science, or possess a B.S. degree in Mechanical or Electrical
- Minimum of fifteen years experience designing and managing
projects independently and have a thorough understanding of the
principles of the discipline he/she is designing.
- PE License preferred but not required.
- Must keep current through continuing education.
- Must have strong leadership, problem-solving, and communication
skills. NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and
professional development/advancement opportunities. NV5 provides
equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status
as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state
and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws
governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in
which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms
and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Sorry the
Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please
refresh the page and try again later.
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Boston , Senior Project Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!