Company: Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts
Posted on: February 25, 2021
PPLM has been a leader in promoting sexual health for--more than
90 years. We believe that all people deserve the information and
expert services to make informed, personal decisions that affect
their health, their lives and their futures. We are the state's
leading provider of sexual and reproductive health services. We
educate families and empower youth to make responsible choices that
lead to healthier lives. We advocate for policies that improve
sexual health. Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
PPLM believes sexual health is essential to every person's overall
health, well-being and happiness. We recognize that geographical
and systemic barriers entrenched in discrimination and stigma
prevent people in Massachusetts from having equitable opportunity
to choose their own path and access to sexual and reproductive
health care. In order to address health equity in communities
across Massachusetts in an authentic way, we must start with
ourselves. We are taking focused steps to make progress in our own
organization. We have embarked on a diversity, equity and inclusion
journey that will lead us toward becoming an organization that
better reflects our patients and embodies cultural humility. We are
wholeheartedly committed to this work. POSITION SUMMARY: The
Operations Coordinator assists the Health Center in day-to-day
operations of the health center. The Operations Coordinator
oversees processes and procedures related to health center
inventory and provides administrative support to the health center
management team. They work collaboratively with health center staff
and management to maintain operational systems and processes that
contribute to a productive and compliant health center.--
Compensation: Up to $20/hour. 37.5 hours per week. ESSENTIAL
- Implements operational systems collaboratively with health
center staff and continuously seeks clinical input and
- Responsible for ensuring inventory items are appropriately
ordered, tracked and stocked within the health center.
- Receives deliveries to the health centers, stocking supplies in
a timely and organized manner.
- Ensures the health centers are adequately stocked with Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE) by actively monitoring supply.
- In collaboration with the Purchasing department, monitors
inventory items for potential issues impacting health center
operations, including shortages, backorders and recalls.
- Provides training to clinic staff on operational systems and
processes related to inventory management.
- In collaboration with the Facilities department, maintains
schedules of all required maintenance, inspections, repairs and
certifications as required by state and governmental agencies.
- Keeps Center Manager apprised of any facilities- or
vendor-related impact on health center operations or budget.
- Ensures health center administrative spaces (e.g. copy room)
are stocked and organized.
- Conducts monthly and quarterly operational health center
audits; provides reports and recommends corrective actions to
Center Manager and clinical leadership as appropriate.
- Responsible for timely processing of all invoices, bills and
- Provides additional administrative support to the health center
management team as needed.
- In conjunction with the health center management team,
facilitates implementation of new programs, services and systems at
the health center.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as needed
- Participation in PPLM's efforts to achieve goals for
productivity.-- OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to lift loads up to 30 lbs. in weight.
- Must have sufficient stamina to move efficiently throughout the
clinic for 90% of scheduled shift to meet functional requirements
of the position.
- Must be able to bend and reach to stock inventory and supplies
for procedure/exam rooms.
- Must have oral, auditory and visual ability to insure solid
communication and ability to respond to a variety of situations
efficiently and effectively.
- Must be available to receive calls related to the health center
in instances where the Health Center Manager and Associate Manager
are not available.
- Shift/schedule requirements may include some evening and
Saturday hours on occasion.-- QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1-3 years of experience
- Experience with project management preferred.
- Experience with facilities, cash-handling and/or retail, and
- Must be highly organized.
- Must possess strong communication and problem solving
- Must be able to manage time and multitask/prioritize projects
and tasks effectively.-- Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts
is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to
maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not
discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on
the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a
dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion,
respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Keywords: Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts, Boston , Operations Coordinator, Accounting, Auditing , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!