Assistant Director Of Finance - The Langham, Boston
Company: Langham Hospitality Group
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Assistant Director of Finance - The Langham, Boston Langham
Hospitality Group (LHG) is a global hotel company with properties
located in major cities and four continents under The Langham
Hotels and Resorts and Cordis Hotels and Resorts brands. It is the
hospitality arm of Great Eagle Holdings, a leading property
development company in Hong Kong. The Langham, Boston has undergone
a complete transformation and reopened its doors in June 2021 as
the city's most historic hotel and one of the most iconic luxury
hotels in the US. You will be leading a passionate & talented
finance team to drive for the utmost level of financial accuracy
for hotel guests, colleagues, and visitors to The Langham, Boston,
by delivering high standards in guest experience & colleague
engagement in alignment with the culture and values of Langham
- Supervises daily activities of the Finance department,
including payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, income
audit, general accounting and cashier functions.
- Establishes, or recommends to management major economic
strategies, objectives and policies for the hotel. Prepares
financial statements of hotel operations monthly, to include
monthly operating reporting and all other reports required by
- Ensures monthly balance sheet reconciliations and bank
reconciliations are completed in accordance with Langham Hotel
standard operating procedures.
- Prepares reports which summarize and forecast company business
activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses and
earnings based on past present and expected operations including
month end financial statements through journal entries and cash
- Assists the Director of Finance with the preparation of
budgets, reviews budget proposals and prepares necessary supporting
documentation and justification.
- Insures full compliance of hotel systems and procedures with
control standards established by Langham Hotels.
- Advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to
tax code revisions.
- Provide financial training and support to other
- Assist with overseeing the purchasing and receiving
- Additional duties not mentioned above may also be requested by
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a Related field
- Minimum 5 years Hospitality Accounting experience, with 3 years
in a supervisory role preferred
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several
abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Must be able work under strict time constraints
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
For more information about the property, please visit:
Keywords: Langham Hospitality Group, Boston , Assistant Director Of Finance - The Langham, Boston, Accounting, Auditing , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!