Consultant - M&A Strategy, Diligence & Restructuring - Financial Services
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Consultant - M&A/Strategy, Diligence & Restructuring -
Financial Services (Insurance, Banking & Capital Markets or
Are you an M&A professional experienced with clients in
Insurance? Our practice is undergoing heavy growth and high demand
for M&A talent. We proudly give our consultants the chance to
work with world-class organizations solving the most interesting
business issues as part of a collaborative team environment.
Work you'll do
Consultants in Deloitte's M&A offering portfolio serve as
trusted advisors to corporate and private equity clients. They
synthesize overall strategy by analyzing a wide variety of
solutions, selecting the most relevant tools/techniques to meet
specific client requirements such as business case, pricing, or
complex financial analysis, and interpreting and reporting on
- Consultants function as integrators between business needs and
- Consultants gain exposure to multiple industries while
demonstrating an awareness of the full breadth of services offered
by Deloitte Consulting LLP.
- Consultants perform accurate analysis and effective diagnosis
of client issues and manage day-to-day client relationships at peer
- Consultants will assist in proposal development, as
M&A Restructuring advises, implements, and delivers
transformative solutions to clients to achieve sustainable,
tangible margin improvement and strategically allocate resources to
growth initiatives. Restructuring will amplify M&A capabilities
through collaboration with a wide variety of groups across Deloitte
including Advisory, Tax, Strategy & Analytics, and Strategic and
Business Cost Transformation to bring the best of Deloitte's value
creation offerings to our clients. M&A Restructuring enables
seamless access to all of our firm's value-related assets - in and
outside M&A. They bring differentiated, value-focused,
points-of-view and resources - in sales and delivery. Restructuring
offers a complete suite of innovative digital and analytical
- Business and Operating Model Transformation.
- Digital Transformation.
- Synergy and dis-synergy assessments, planning and value
- Rapid Cost Take-out - pre(distressed) clients.
- Working Capital Optimization.
- Strategic Turnarounds.
- Clean Room Services.
- Business Process Optimization / Automation.
- Stranded Cost Reduction.
- Legal entity restructuring related transformation.
The Restructuring Finance team plays a critical role for clients in
the transformation phase of the M&A deal lifecycle by the
- Review M&A readiness documentation, tools, & templates as
- Revise M&A strategy if necessary based on lessons
- Assess potential for consolidating or closing business
- Evaluate Finance Operating Model.
- Align finance policies and procedures between target and
- Optimize unified planning, reporting & forecasting
- Plan and prepare for rigor of next YE/audit.
- Assess deal returns.
- Document lessons learned.
- M&A or M&A Service Delivery Experience.
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years consulting and/or industry
- Travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the
role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended
until further notice).
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including
presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong analysis skills (Excel required with other analytics
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the
ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff.
- An advanced degree.
Keywords: Deloitte, Boston , Consultant - M&A Strategy, Diligence & Restructuring - Financial Services, Accounting, Auditing , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!