Law Clerk Internship
Company: Banco Santander Brazil
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Law Clerk Internship
Boston, United States of America
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Law Clerk Summer Internship role will provide the intern with
an opportunity to work on a variety of legal issues and gain a
stronger understanding of the legal profession within the Banking
industry. During the summer program, they will be able to work with
at least two of the following business areas:
* Consumer and Business Banking
* Commercial and Corporate and Investment Banking
* Banco Santander's New York Branch and Santander Investment
* Santander Consumer - Auto Finance
* Banco Santander International - Private Banking
* Corporate Secretary / Governance and Regulatory Relations
* Corporate, Securities and Bank Regulatory
* Regulatory Operations and Legal Shared Services
* Government Relations and Public Policy
This 2023 Summer Internship is for JD students who have an
anticipated graduation date between December 2023 and May 2024.
The application deadline for this position is Sunday, November 14,
This internship position is located in Boston, MA / New York, NY.
Before applying, please keep in mind that our internship program
does not offer any relocation assistance. To learn more about our
summer internship program and the activities included, please visit
Some responsibilities of Law Clerk internship role may include but
are not limited to:
* Perform substantive legal research and factual development.
* Provide written and oral presentations to Santander
* Attend internal meetings with departments across the bank.
* Interface with senior management, other legal staff and LCA
* May be given primary responsibility for generating first draft
analyses to developing issues or responses to inquiries.
* Create an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion where
all perspectives are valued and all people are welcomed.
* Currently a student enrolled in a Juris Doctorate (JD)
* Expected graduation date between December 2023 - May 2024
* Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above
* Fluency in English, both written and verbal
* Strong analytics and critical thinking skills
* Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and professionalism
* Ability to work independently and within teams
* Eager to learn and take on new responsibilities
* Attention to detail
* Availability to work 40 hours/week for entire 10-week program
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
* Ability to work in an environment that supports employees from
all backgrounds and fosters an environment of inclusion.
* Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management
and business needs
* Travel to multiple facilities may be required
* May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to
twenty (20) pounds
* May be required to sit and review information on a computer
screen for long periods of time
* May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to
writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
* Corporate / satellite office role
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and
strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively
encourage everyone to apply.
Keywords: Banco Santander Brazil, Boston , Law Clerk Internship, Accounting, Auditing , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!