Manager - Investment Operations
Company: MFS International Australia Pty Ltd
Posted on: November 26, 2022
At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what
you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes,
favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put
people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community
and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued
professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who
rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous
futures.What you will be responsible for:THE ROLE:Using discretion
and judgment and following established procedures, manages and
coordinates the processing, distribution and problem solving in
connection with any securities' transactions executed on behalf of
MFS or the MFS mutual funds or the Asset Management clients. -WHAT
YOU WILL DO:
- Manages personnel either directly or through supervisors;
allocates and monitors work and makes decisions regarding
employment, training and development, performance appraisals and
- Develops and monitors proper internal controls, work flow and
work assignments and assures that procedures are documented,
current and consistently followed.
- Develops and implements standards of data quality
administration and reporting needs to measure quality assurance.
Monitors effectiveness against standards implemented.
- Provides operational trade support, data administration support
services and administration expertise in trade operations and other
investment related matters.
- Prepares oral and written presentations to MFS personnel and to
others upon request.
- Interfaces, interacts and evaluates the performance of the
custodian banks of the MFS mutual funds.
- Ensures that there is effective and regular communication
between the Investment Operations Division and its clients; fixed
income, equity trading and management, fund treasury, compliance
and asset management.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.WHAT WE ARE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience, including
direct management of at least ten persons.
- Minimum of 6-8+ years experience in the financial services
industry or similarly related division of a company which manages
investments or specializes in trading operations and
- Detailed knowledge of mutual fund operations, custodian bank
operations and regulatory requirements pertaining to mutual
- Proficient microcomputer skills, work processing and database
software.#LI-KP1#LI-HYBRIDAt MFS, we are dedicated to building a
diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited
about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly,
we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate
for this role or others.What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off"
for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is
closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents,
back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account,
adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental
plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee
assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans,
fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance
and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution
plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total
compensation programsMFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting. This
position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves
an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or
sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request
does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the
request can be accommodated.If any applicant is unable to complete
an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability,
please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email for assistance. -MFS is
an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our
policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, disability, veteran status, or any other status
protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants
of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their
status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats,
or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to
discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint,
assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise
sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or
local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the document and , linked
for your reference.
Keywords: MFS International Australia Pty Ltd, Boston , Manager - Investment Operations, Accounting, Auditing , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!