Company: Creative Financial Staffing
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Creative Financial Staffing has partnered with an early stage
clean energy manufacturing company to identify a Controller to join
their team. This newly created, hands-on position will be charged
with building out the accounting function from the ground up. This
position will require an in-office presence at least 3 days/month.
They will only consider candidates living in New England, New York
or New Jersey. Why the Controller opportunity:
- The Company: Early-stage clean energy manufacturing company
that is transitioning from an R&D company to a commercial
- The Growth: They are expecting to grow organically through
expanding existing partner relationships and entering new customer
segments with new product enhancements and offerings as well as
- The Opportunity: Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will be
charged with building out the accounting infrastructure to support
the run rate of the company.
- The Culture: This is a high energy, high growth organization
with an entrepreneurial approach. They offer the benefits of
working in a start-up (fast-paced, "all-hands-on-deck" mentality,
growth opportunity, and ability to have an actual impact) while
maintaining the financial stability of an established company.
- The Exposure: The Controller will be expected to operate
through all levels of the organization and align processes and
systems to fully execute the company's growth strategy. The
Controller's responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reporting to CFO, the Controller will have responsibility for
the oversight of all aspects of the day-to-day financial management
of the company including: the preparation of the monthly
consolidated financial package; management of GL accounts, annual
audit and submission of government and related tax returns; and
- Hire and develop the accounting team properly balancing
internal and external resources
- Participate in the company's ERP evaluation, implementation and
- Develop and implement business process improvement initiatives
- Increase the company's ability to anticipate business issues
and drive good decision-making through sound financial
- Further develop guidelines and processes corresponding to the
rapid growth of the company.
- Continually review accounting policies and procedures to ensure
that the company is compliant with GAAP and statutory
- Develop a thorough understanding of all facets of the business
including commodities, supply chain, markets, channels, customers
and consumers. Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance
- C.P.A., M.B.A. or master's degree in finance is preferred, but
- 10+ years of total experience. Must have hands-on experience
working in an accounting and financial management function in a
high growth company.
- Manufacturing/Cost Accounting experience required.
- ERP Implementation experience required.
- Start-up experience a plus
- Experience with PE and M&A
- Experience setting up an accounting department and implementing
policies and procedures
Keywords: Creative Financial Staffing, Boston , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Marlborough, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!