Health & Benefits Senior Consultant/Assistant Vice President - Actuary
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Job Family US-MA-Boston
Aon is looking for a Health & Benefits Senior Consultant/Assistant
Vice President, Actuary
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results
for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions
supporting Health, in Boston, MA or any major Aon office in the
Your impact as a Health & Benefits Senior Consultant/Assistant Vice
* Perform strategy and actuarial consulting to include the
following: (Benefit strategy, Goal setting, Benchmarking, Plan
design, Pricing strategy, Budget setting, Bid/selection
* Provide actuarial client leadership on targeted clients/prospects
focusing on broader business objectives such as: (Take ownership of
outcomes, Delegate responsibilities effectively; coach and mentor
team members, Build relationships with clients, Understand clients'
business, Analyze scoping needs)
* Exhibit leadership in business judgment in anticipating
client/project needs and developing alternative solutions.
* Explain actuarial methodology and results to clients, as well as
* Participate in strategic discussions with clients.
* Effectively lead actuarial client teams, share client background
and goals, measure results, share ideas, identify process
improvements, provide timely and regular coaching and feedback to
* Lead actuarial work on client teams, provide technical coaching
to other team members, and provide ultimate sign-off on results;
likely play role on broader actuarial team on jumbo clients,
managing large actuarial projects and deliverables, and
coordinating with other actuarial team members.
* Act as strategic resource for Health & Benefits (H&B)
* Exhibit thought leadership for H&B--understand and be able to
articulate H&B's Point of View to clients.
* Additional formal or informal responsibilities may include:
(People management or mentoring, Business development results,
Workflow Management--staffing planning, Technical expertise,
Understanding of Aon Hewitt business and direction)
* Actively engage in peer review: have documents reviewed before
going to client and review others documents
* Contribute to the improvement of the practice (through national
model development/maintenance, leading initiatives, etc.)
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Candidate must have a FSA/ASA (Fellow of the Society of Actuaries
or Associate of the Society of Actuaries) designation.
* 6+ years of health care industry experience (carrier or
* Project management experience
* People management/mentoring experience
* Broad business knowledge/perspective
* Team building skills
* Bachelor s degree in relevant discipline or equivalent industry
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees
and applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner
status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an
affirmative action employer.
Keywords: Aon, Boston , Health & Benefits Senior Consultant/Assistant Vice President - Actuary, Accounting, Auditing , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!