Middle Office- Operations Specialist
Company: Brown Brothers Harriman
Posted on: January 17, 2020
MIDDLE OFFICE-OPERATIONS SPECIALIST
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small
for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value
passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to
find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking
for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and
steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone
who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting
challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek
someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and
motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client s
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can
learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for
JOIN US AS AN OPERATIONS SPECIALIST
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting an Operations
Specialist to join our Middle Office team. The Global Institutional
Middle Office (GIMO) acts as an important conduit between a client
s front office trading, oversight functions, and back office
servicing centers. This role, as part of a team, is responsible for
custody reconciliations, including matching and trade dissemination
to the broker, the custodian and the fund accounting agent for BBH
s institutional clients. The role is responsible for relationship
management, processing and escalating claims, income collection,
corporate actions, collateral management, and failed trade
monitoring. This role also handles post execution, pre-settlement
functions, and creates consolidated views and support for the
clients across all custodians and/or service providers.
SOME OF YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Transaction Processing/Resolution
* Matches or identifies discrepancies of client s trade economic
details as compared to the client s counterparty instruction.
* Prepares communication of settlement of securities in different
markets to the client s custodian.
* Monitors and resolves any failed trades, cash movements,
collateral settlements or corporate actions.
* Works closely with the client and client s counterparty(s) to
ensure transactions and/or reporting related to the different
security types are processed timely and accurately.
* Understands settlement procedures and restrictions for various
markets and asset types and acts accordingly.
* Manages daily volume of work adhering to daily deadlines.
* Utilizes BBH IMO technology and IMO vendor products to perform
daily transactional processes as described above.
* Collectively work with team members to ensure daily requirements
* Update team procedures as needed.
* Communicates professionally and timely via email, phone, or in
person with internal and external clients and counterparties.
* Provides feedback on client s counterparty performance.
5. Client Service
* Provides superior client service to ensure client satisfaction
and reference ability.
* Responds to client inquiries, in a timely and professional
manner, meeting client s standards as indicated in client s service
6. Risk Mitigation
* Understands fundamentals of relevant systems and processes.
Follows procedures and adheres to policies.
* Works to understand how specific functions within GIMO impact
other teams in Service Delivery.
* Works with a risk adverse mindset. Proactively communicates and
escalates potential risks found, errors and issues timely.
* Ensures data privacy and integrity of data always. Avoids and
escalates any cyber risks.
* Follows our BCP protocol and security procedures
* BA/BS degree.Preference given to Finance, Accounting, Economics,
and Mathematics majors.
* Ability to communicate professionally both verbally and
* Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively and to meet
* Organizational skills and detail-oriented.
* Ability to work independently, efficiently, and effectively to
meet time constraints while handling multiple tasks.
* Ability to work n a team environment.
* Strong commitment to quality
* Ability to adapt to a changing business, legal, and regulatory
* Aptitude for thorough and timely research, analysis and
resolution of a problem.
* Have interest and flexibility to work on different assignments
and develop new skills by performing different functions within
* Ability to stay focused on detailed information for long periods
* Ability to work on a computer for several hours
* Ability to discern numbers/number sequels and
* Ability to handle work pressure in a fast pace environment
* Ability and willingness to work overtime when needed
WHAT WE OFFER:
* A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your
role to add value wherever you can
* Direct access to clients, information and experts across all
business areas around the world
* Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and
reinvent yourself without leaving the firm
* A culture of inclusion that values each employee s unique
* High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial
security, and peace of mind
* Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family
experiences at every career stage
* Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help
transform the lives of others
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information,
creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected
status under federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Brown Brothers Harriman, Boston , Middle Office- Operations Specialist, Administration, Clerical , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!