Posted on: February 12, 2024
OverviewWerfen Werfen, founded in 1966, is a worldwide
developer, manufacturer and distributor of specialized diagnostic
instruments, related reagents, automation workcells, and data
management solutions for use primarily in hospitals and independent
clinical laboratories. The Company's business lines include
Hemostasis, Acute Care, and Autoimmunity diagnostics, as well as
Original Equipment Manufacturing. Our success comes from a specific
focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to
customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We're
passionate about providing healthcare professionals the most
valuable and complete solutions to improve hospital efficiency and
enhance patient care. Our North American Commercial Operations, as
well as our Headquarters and Technology Center for Hemostasis and
Acute Care Diagnostics, are based in Bedford, MA. Our Headquarters
and Technology Center for Autoimmunity Diagnostics is based in San
Diego, CA. Additionally, our Technology Center for Hemostasis and
Blood Gas Reagents is in Orangeburg, NY, and our Technology Center
for Whole Blood Hemostasis is in San Diego, CA. Position
Summary:The employee in this position is responsible for greeting
and registering visitors, operating the switchboard, managing all
functions of the company mail room, and assisting the facilities
department with various administrative tasks. ResponsibilitiesKey
- Answers and routes incoming calls to the switchboard.
- Registers visitors and arranges for escorts through the
- Accepts packages or special delivery from couriers.
- Organize and maintain cleanliness of reception, waiting areas
and the mail room.
- Updates the plant telephone listings as needed.
- Ensure reception area is physically attended during work
- Ensure that standard operating procedures are being adhered to
at all times, including the dress code.
- Prints and run the folding/stuffing machine for the daily
invoices and checks.
- Weighs and stamps outgoing mail; refills postage meter as
- Sends weekly mail packages to field personnel.
- Records all overnight (FedEx, etc.) mail.
- Maintains supplies, envelopes and copy papers for printing
- Coordinates switchboard/reception coverage.
- Contacts vendors for issues with the printer, folding/stuffing
machine and postage machine.
- Other duties as assigned in the facilities departmentBudget
Managed (if applicable):
- N/AInternal Networking/Key Relationships:
- To be determined based on department needsSkills &
- Ability to communicate with customers, managers and visitors
while speaking in a clear and professional manner both over the
phone and in person
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Highly organized, motivated and solutions oriented, with a
strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Strong attention to detail Working knowledge of Microsoft
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are
essential QualificationsMinimum Knowledge & Experience Required for
- High school diploma or equivalent and 3 years of experience in
an office environmentInternational Mobility: Required:
- NoTravel Requirements:
- NoIf you are interested in constantly learning and being
challenged on a daily basis, we encourage you to submit your resume
or CV. Werfen appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. We operate
directly in over 30 countries, and in more than 100 territories
through distributors. Annual revenue is approximately $2 billion
and more than 5,000 employees around the world comprise our Werfen
Keywords: Werfen, Boston , Receptionist/Office Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!