Marketing Communication Specialist
Company: Pike School
Posted on: May 16, 2022
The Pike SchoolOur community of students, teachers, families,
and staff are at the heart of Pike. We ground our work in building
connection, inspiring curiosity, and cultivating the learning and
growth of each of our students. Our motto, Non Sibi Solum, Not for
Oneself Alone, has called each of us to adjust our individual lives
for our collective well being. Guided by new policies, our shared
sacrifices have helped our community stay healthy and our campus
open five days a week, every week thus far. Yet, even in the midst
of worldwide disruption, we continue to stretch ourselves to
envision a brighter future. As a new school year, a new strategic
plan, and a healthier world await us, we believe we are on the cusp
of this brighter future, a world more worthy of our children. If
you are also looking ahead - inquisitive, hopeful, and eager, would
you like to help create the future with us? Working at Pike means
immersing yourself in a student-centered culture and compassionate,
diverse community. We endeavor to foster a holistic,
developmentally considerate, and transformative learning
environment. We strive to build upon and strengthen a culture of
inclusion and belonging where students and families of all
identities thrive and faculty and staff possess the competencies to
support our diverse student body. Opportunities for innovation and
learning are plentiful. If you're passionate, motivated, and can't
help but dream about what's possible for all children - we invite
you to take a closer look at Pike. The Pike School, an independent
elementary school in Andover, MA, serves approximately 450 students
in grades pre-kindergarten through nine. The Opportunity: Marketing
Communication SpecialistThe Pike School is seeking a Marketing
Communication Specialist beginning the summer of 2022. The
Specialist is a full-time, twelve month position that will help
communicate the vision and brand of The Pike School through writing
and storytelling in written publications, the school's website,
digital and print platforms, newsletters and social media. The
primary responsibilities of the Marketing Communication Specialist
- Create and maintain an annual communications calendar.
- Ensure the school's editorial and graphic standards are
consistent and aligned with guidelines in the school's
communications and marketing plan.
- Write, edit, design publications online and/or print:
- Internal publications (weekly newsletter, occasional emails,
- Marketing publications and campaigns (website content,
brochures, flyers, advertisements, emails).
- Advancement publications (e.g. annual reports, emails, capital
campaign, appeal letters, annual Quill Magazine).
- Admissions publications (e.g. online content, emails, flyers,
invitations, application materials).
- Correspondence from the Head of School (letters,
- Coordinate and write content for bi-weekly blogs in support of
Pike. This will include developing the thematic topics, identifying
authors, editing and writing.
- Provide crisis communications support as needed.Social Media
- Work with the Director of Marketing to develop and implement a
strategic social media calendar.
- Oversee all aspects of social media postings (Facebook,
Twitter, YouTube, Instagram).
- Draft, edit and post on social media sites.
- Act as on-campus photographer and videographer.
- Organize and maintain a database where photos and videos
- Assist with the production of marketing, admission and
- Assist with professional photography shoots.
- Assist with beautification of the school - replacing high
resolution photos, signage, ordering imagery as needed.Additional
- Occasional event support can include nights and weekends.
- Other school-related duties (such as recess and lunch) as
requested.Desired Qualities and Qualifications:
- Approximately 3-5 years experience in related field.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, including
strong editing skills.
- Experience with graphic design programs such as Adobe products
- Experience with photography, movie and photo editing
- Experience with posting regularly on social media in a
- A strong understanding of how to use digital communication as
an effective platform for engaging and communicating, including
email communications, blogs and social media.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Comfort with technology and learning new technologies.
- Ability to be creative, flexible, dynamic, and must be a team
player with a sense of humor.
- A clear, flexible thinker who is undaunted by change and able
to quickly make decisions, take initiative and prioritize
- Resourcefulness; the ability to anticipate problems and
opportunities and independently implement solutions.
- Experience and/or passion for working at a school, which serves
ages 4-14, and an understanding of school culture.
- Commitment to professional growth and Pike's values of equity
- A lifelong learner who enhances their skills to maintain high
standards of performance to efficiently and effectively produce
work products. PI177394392
Keywords: Pike School, Boston , Marketing Communication Specialist, Advertising , Andover, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!