Director, Upstream Marketing
Company: Hologic, Inc.
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Director, Upstream Marketing - Screening Marlborough, MA, United
States The Director of Upstream Marketing, Screening has primary
responsibility for determining product management, development and
investment strategy across a growing product line of the Breast and
Skeletal Health Screening business. This role will be responsible
for ensuring that the business maintains the right cadence of
innovation and launches in order to maintain the impressive growth
trajectory. This position will be responsible for building and
leading a team of product managers. Strategic Development
- Creates multi-year strategic growth plans and a robust global
product roadmap, drives alignment on strategy with Sr. Leadership
and R&D peers
- Translate the business goals to strategic plans that will drive
revenues and exceed financial performance expectations
- Create global market overview maps of key applications and
- Identify and predict strategic competitive plays and market
- Map out competitive strategy and develop / execute strategy to
advance the business
- Bring a creative and innovative approach to one's work to
differentiate company products from competitors in the
- Develop a deep understanding of cancer screening, customer
needs, market trends, technology trends, identification and
assessment of significant growth opportunities, and create
strategies that deliver profitable market share. Identify and
execute market research activities to drive business
- Identify and pursue incremental growth opportunities (new
markets, new channels, regional opportunities, tech uses, etc.)
outside and within the existing portfolio
- Conduct opportunity modeling of new technology platforms
including cannibalization / obsolescence of existing products
- Identify immediate, midterm and long term product gaps within
the portfolio and provide solutions to fill the gaps
- Determine / prioritize key unmet needs and opportunities
- Leads cross-functional team to ensure resource allocations and
focus consistent with the needs of the business
- Work with Downstream Marketing colleagues to develop pre-launch
marketing conditioning plans and product launch plans.
- Collaborate with the Global, U.S. and International regional
leadership to ensure visibility and financial ownership for new
products in development
- Create a portfolio management process that allows the company
to analyze and manage the total investment portfolio.
- Partner with stakeholders to develop processes and tools to
effectively manage the business needs for different classifications
of investments and projects
- Develop consistent approaches to project proposals, market
models, metrics (ROIs, NPVs) and market assumptions to enable
strategic discussions and informed decisions Qualifications General
- Must be able to communicate vision and win others over to a
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing,
Program Management or equivalent. MBA preferred.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of progressively more responsible
business experience in a class III medical device company or
equivalent, including product, market or program management
- A substantive knowledge of the medical device industry, health
care delivery, and managed care/reimbursement markets and the
factors that drive them.
- A thorough understanding of marketing, strategy and M&A
- Strong device business acumen, strategic thinking, commercial
focus and customer skills.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Ability to foster collaboration, influence others outside of
reporting structure and work collaboratively across a matrix
- Analytical skills enabling financial modeling, business
analysis and progress tracking and visibility.
- Ability to work with US and International internal and external
- Ability to predict, prevent/identify and address obstacles
- Seasoned judgment acquired through organizational experience
and a demonstrated record of achievements in successfully building
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication, interpersonal
and presentation skills; the ability to lead a cross-functional
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals
and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to
build positive relationships and improve business results.
- Ability to travel approximately 30%, including internationally.
Agency And Third Party Recruiter Notice
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current
executed Hologic Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human
Resource Department. In addition, Agencies may only submit
candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so
by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Hologic
Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.
Hologic, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
inclusive of disability and veterans. Marlborough, MA, United
States, US, MA Employee Here at Hologic, we are driven by our
passion to become the global champion for women's health. We
achieve this by fulfilling our promise to bring The Science of Sure
to life. As a leading innovator of women's ... Marlborough, MA,
United States, US, MA Employee Job Summary The implementation and
systemic use of a Unique Device Identification (UDI) System has the
potential to radically improve the safety and effectiveness
(including cost-effectiveness) of medical devices. ...Digital
Marketing Communications Manager Marlborough, MA, United States,
US, MA Employee As the Digital Marketing Communications Manager,
you will be an instrumental member of the Marketing Communications
(MarComm) team. The primary responsibility will be collaborating
with key stakeholders to formulate the ... Marlborough, MA, United
States, US, MA Employee We are seeking an outstanding Software Test
Engineer for this hands-on software testing role to work on
projects related to designing, analyzing, and testing of software
requirements for highly complex medical ...
Keywords: Hologic, Inc., Boston , Director, Upstream Marketing, Advertising , Marlborough, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!