PR Account Supervisor, Health
Company: LaVoie Health Science
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The PR Account Supervisor will work with clinical and
commercially minded companies on diverse communications programs,
including developing public relations strategy, media development,
product and corporate communications planning and execution, social
programming, and account management. The ideal candidate is an
agency minded professional with interests in health who seeks
opportunity to utilize prior learnings and build a career in a
progressive specialty agency serving clients in health and science
innovation. Hybrid or remote opportunity is available based on
geographic location of candidate.THE RESPONSIBILITIESIncludes, but
not limited to the following:Client Management Responsibilities
- Provides solid recommendations and strategies to client(s) and
follows through on those recommendations with flawless
- Opportunity to act as day-to-day lead on designated
- Works with clients to discern messaging of product(s), data as
well as business unit/corporate messaging. -
- Develops appropriate strategies to communicate client brand
based on the competitive landscape and the news item; can
anticipate how message will be received across various
- Develops and executes client public relations/affairs
- Understands product PR for therapeutic/diagnostic/medical
technology product(s) and how to position leading up to
commercialization and/or partnership.
- Oversees client budgets and understands how to manage client
budgets and expectations.
- Builds relationships based on trust and respect with clients
through proactive communications and research into areas where
clients are working.
- Works collaboratively with the team on developing health and
science focused press releases, fact sheets, and other client
- Ensures documents are finalized through internal protocols to
provide clients with error free documents.
- Identifies the most effective tools to get the best job done
for clients within a reasonable budget.
- When situation is appropriate, reaches out to third parties
such as partner companies or physicians who have authored key data
to be presented at medical meetings or, in a medical journal to
coordinate quotes, interviews or other details.
- Oversees client timeline and monitors client and competitive
- Participates in brainstorming sessions to create opportunities
for visibility for clients or to properly position clients when
news is not as expected.
- Works with team on account planning and updates internal
documents as needed.Client Counseling and Relations
- Establishes good rapport with clients and speaks with clients
daily about routine activities.
- Attends all client meetings (as needed).
- Injects creativity into client programs.
- Contacts and corresponds with clients in a timely manner;
communication increases as individuals gains confidence and
demonstrates sensitivity to client culture and expectations.
- Taps senior counselor(s) for advice on handling client
- Recognizes a crisis as it is happening and works with team to
identify possible solutions.
- Keep account leads apprised of any potential account issues in
a timely manner.Media Relations Responsibilities
- Works on traditional and online media strategies customized to
each client's target audience. -
- -Actively participates in the identification of media targets
for client companies with the assistance of PR tools including Muck
Rack and Cision, executes outreach and follow up to select media,
and works with team to set up, prepare clients, and execute media
- Regularly contributes creative ideas for media angles and
themes for media pitching.
- Ensures that team properly distributes news over the wire
(different for each client).
- Possesses a good understanding of unique media angles and use
of analytics for measurement.Social Media Responsibilities
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding and ability to
execute across the following core social marketing areas:
- Social Channel Fluency: possesses a comprehensive understanding
of the major social media marketing platforms (e.g., Facebook,
Twitter, Linkedln, YouTube, blogs), their overall function, the
types of content that populate the channels, and displays an
ability to apply that knowledge to a brand's marketing
- Community Management: publishes and manages social channels on
behalf of clients; writes and edits copy, engages in timely
stakeholder conversation, posts relevant content, captures, and
reflects the brand voice of the client, works with Channel Managers
for content/copy approval.
- Influencer Campaigns: produces and executes targeted social
media influencer campaigns including research and list development,
influencer relations, and engagement.
- Monitoring: synthesizes monitoring data into insights and
reports back to clients.
- Social Media Auditing: completes a competitive analysis of
clients' social media strategy and channel activation, as well as
competitive benchmarking of an industry's best practices.
- Use of Social Tools: understands the free and paid tools used
to execute influencer campaigns, social listening, client
monitoring and reporting.
- Ongoing Trend Analysis: stays current on social business
trends, tools, and resources for managing, monitoring, and
executing social marketing programs.
- Social Participation: follows LaVoie's social media channels
and participates by sharing content and adding to the
- Effectively tackles increasingly complex writing assignments
such as client memos, more sophisticated press releases, case
studies, first draft strategy documents, brochures, etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt "style and voice" to client
documents reflective of client culture, industry, and use (e.g.,
brochure vs. bylined article vs. blog post, consumer vs. B2B).
- Contributes portions of new business proposals (e.g., research
and other creative sections).
- Demonstrates strong skills in thought leadership writing
assignments (e.g., bylined articles, op-eds, and white
- Oversees and edits the writing of others.New Business
- Participates in new business presentations (as appropriate) and
takes on more responsibility in drafting segments of new business
pitches or proposals.
- Joins industry organization(s) and participates in business
networking to increase visibility of the firm and help generate new
business leads.Agency Management Responsibilities
- Fosters positive attitude, works collaboratively as part of the
team, and shows enthusiasm among clients and fellow team
- Potential supervisory role with junior associates with
responsibility for mentoring, training, and performance
- Provides strategic input into the firm's PR initiatives in
terms of attracting new clients, outlining new products/services to
provide clients, and actively supports agency marketing
- Assists in recruiting activities and interviews new potential
account staff to align with the firms PR initiatives and client
- Actively participates in the business development initiatives
of the firm including pitching, proposal writing and/or review,
active networking, and prospecting for potential new clients.
- Provides input into branding of the firm including outreach to
PR publications and updating of the firm's website.
- Effectively sets goals and actively contributes to the firm's
"Standards of Excellence" in order to develop best practices for
- Ensures agency has active relationships with third party
vendors such as graphic artists, printers, web service providers,
wire services, etc. to fulfill client needs.
- Oversees management of account staff time against approved
client budgets, works with VP, Finance to update budgets
- Watches contract due dates and supports account renewals.
- Provides support and insight into agency planning
- Previous experience working in health and science
- Agency and client-facing experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.Apply Now Please add
your details below and attach your resume and cover letter in the
attachments section. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
First Name This question is required Last Name This question is
required Phone Number This question is required Email Please enter
a valid email Position Interested In This question is required
Please Upload Your Resume Choose a file This question is required
Please Upload a Cover Letter Choose a file This question is
required LinkedIn Profile It is often an advantage to share your
LinkedIn profile with your application It is often an advantage to
share your LinkedIn profile with your application
Keywords: LaVoie Health Science, Boston , PR Account Supervisor, Health, Advertising , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!