School Teacher - Part time(25hrs) - Psychiatry
Company: Boston Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 26, 2022
66937BRPatient Services-NursingJob Posting DescriptionThis
School Teacher will be responsible for:
- Facilitating a classroom based environment for patients to
achieve academic work for up to 2.5 hours/day
- Obtaining course and curriculum materials from patients'
schools and modifies according to patient age, learning abilities
and behavioral needs.
- Providing individualized classroom instruction in a full range
of academic subjects for patients in grades 9 through grade
- Evaluating and selecting teaching materials.
- Monitoring and assessing patients' academic performance and
behavior and adjusts classroom structure, teaching methods and
materials as needed.
- Maintaining ongoing communication with patients' school
guidance counselor and teacher(s).
- Evaluating and reporting academic performance and related
issues and works with school personnel to facilitate implementation
of discharge plans.
- Developing and maintaining supportive relationships with
patients and families.
- Identifying patients' specific needs and incorporates into
patient care as appropriate.
- Providing advocacy and initiates referral to services within
the hospital and community as needed.
- Working with multidisciplinary team in order to communicate
patients' educational progress, address specific patient needs and
issues and prepare and implement discharge plans.
- Participating in team meetings, conferences and other
interdisciplinary forums as appropriate.
- Recording academic progress in patient medical record in
accordance with established documentation standards.
- Monitoring expenses and reimbursement, resolving errors and
requesting adjustments as needed.
- Maintaining program supply and equipment inventory, selects and
initiates purchase of needed materials within established
- Serving as a resource to department and unit staff in areas of
To qualify, you must have:
- The knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts typically
acquired through completion of Bachelor's Degree in Education and
one to two years' experience
- The analytical skills to resolve problems that require the use
of basic scientific, mathematical, or technical principles.
- Excellent communication skill in order to effectively deal with
conflicting views or issues and mediate for solutions, or
well-developed writing skills
- Current Sate Department of Education teacher certification is
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and
unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental
insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings
plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, and discounted rates on
T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
StatusPart-TimeRegular, Temporary, Per DiemRegularStandard Hours
per Week25Office/Site LocationBostonJob Posting
Keywords: Boston Children's Hospital, Boston , School Teacher - Part time(25hrs) - Psychiatry, Education / Teaching , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!