Early Childhood Lead Teacher
Company: The Chestnut Hill School
Location: Chestnut Hill
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Position Summary: The Early Childhood Lead teacher is
responsible for planning and implementing curriculum; assessing the
educational development of their students; communicating with
families; and supporting the mission of the school. -Position is
salaried, full-time for the 2023-24 school year; start date -
August 24, 2023.Responsibilities:
- Support the mission of the school in all ways, by engaging and
communicating effectively with staff and parents.
- Possess and utilize knowledge of best practices in early
childhood development, education, and diversity, equity and
inclusion pedagogy to plan and execute engaging and rigorous
- In collaboration with a co-teacher, plan and implement a
well-balanced curriculum which includes daily activities designed
to meet the needs of children consistent with early childhood
theory and practice.
- Teach early math and literacy skills using developmentally
appropriate, research-based curricula.
- Incorporate elements of inquiry and/or project-based learning
into the curriculum.
- Utilize observation and documentation to assess and monitor
growth in all curriculum areas.
- Develop and administer developmentally appropriate assessments
to evaluate student progress toward learning objectives.
- Communicate regularly with families concerning student progress
and information about academic programming and classroom
- Plan and conduct parent-teacher conferences.
- Write narrative progress reports to record and communicate
- Support and supervise classroom interns or associate teachers,
- Participate in all-school activities, such as Admissions
events, that take place during and outside of regular work
- Work with learning specialists to identify students requiring
differentiation and implementing accommodations as
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with project based learning preferred
- Master's degree and/or comparable professional experience in
- Experience working with students in early childhood
- Proven ability to communicate, problem solve and collaborate
effectively with colleagues
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive and diverse learning
environment.The Chestnut Hill School Offers: -
- Rich benefits including health, dental, vision care, disability
and life insurance.
- Retirement savings plan with school contribution after one
- Professional development opportunities and training.
- Easy access to public transportation (Chestnut Hill D Line
stop) with paid MBTA passes.
- A collaborative team approach and supportive work environment.
-Applications -will be accepted on a rolling basis until position
is filled. -The Chestnut Hill School is an equal opportunity
employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, disabilities,
sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or family
composition or any other status protected by applicable law in the
administration of its employment, education, admission, financial
aid, and other policies and programs.Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: The Chestnut Hill School, Boston , Early Childhood Lead Teacher, Education / Teaching , Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...