Engage Life Program Instructor
Company: Atria Careers
Posted on: September 19, 2023
OverviewWhat's the difference between a job and a meaningful,
rewarding career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you
have a front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest
people on earth. What's more, you are part of an extraordinary
company - one that's investing in the future of senior living by
investing in you. Don't just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary
life.Atria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing
equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age,
national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status,
or any other classification protected by applicable law. -Atria
will not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of
these protected classifications.Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three
(3) to six (6) months related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education or experience acceptable.
- Able to write simple correspondence. Able to effectively
present information in one-on-one and small group situations to
customers, clients, and other employees of the
organization.ResponsibilitiesLeads assigned programs that are of
interest and meaning to our residents in order to enhance their
lives and exceed their active aging lifestyle expectations.
- Leads assigned Engage Life programs.
- Offers adequate and diversified recreational activities to
residents with sufficient supervision for each activity.
- Develops programs for residents including, if applicable,
programs designed for residents confined to their rooms.
- Engages and motivates residents resulting in program
- Informs residents of upcoming activities and maintains a
current schedule of events on the bulletin board.
- Greets new residents making a special effort to include and
engage them in activities and introduce them to others in the
community with similar interests and backgrounds.
- Assists in planning parties and activities as well as
decorating the community according to the season and/or holiday
throughout the years as well as planning monthly birthday parties
to honor residents.
- Assists in Bright Beginnings including housewarmings.
- Supports and actively participates in the community's census
- Maintains records of all activities, resident participation
levels and acceptance of each activity by residents as required by
- Assists Engage Life Director in enlisting the services of
volunteers to aid the activities program.
- May drive company vehicle from community to social and other
various destinations (only if required by community).
- May perform other duties as needed and/or
assigned.SalaryStarting at $17.00 / hour
Keywords: Atria Careers, Boston , Engage Life Program Instructor, Education / Teaching , Andover, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!