Education & Employment Counselor - Per Diem - City Square Employment Supports (CSES)
Company: Bay Cove
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges
and realize personal potential.
Your position as Per DiemEducation/Employment Counselor supports
this mission through providing direct daily supports to the
individuals in our programs. This is a non-exempt position.
Location is 19 Bradston St. Boston AND 1 City Square
Hours Per Diem as needed - typically 8am to 3pm preferred - Monday
through Friday Pay Rate: $17.00 per hour
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Essential Functions of Position:
Clinical and Rehabilitation Skills
- Provides daily shift coverage in program, follow scheduled
assignments and implement program routines.
- Protects the rights and dignity of the individuals we
- Safeguards the confidentiality of those supported by the
- Provides direct employment support and on the job
- Promotes the expansion of employment and educational
opportunities of those supported.
- Participates in the direct implementation of the Individual
Support Plan, records data related to ISP.
- Assists individuals in employment, this may include training in
soft skills, on the job training and acting as a liaison with
- Teaches classes to individuals including curriculum
- Assesses individual's training needs, develops descriptive
teaching programs and curricula and monitors effectiveness through
- Implements clinical and behavioral treatment plans, record
target behaviors on data sheets and participate in clinical
consultation as needed.
- Provides crisis assessment, prevention and needed
- Coordinates social, educational, recreational
- Maintains informal and formal communications with all program
support staff and provides written communications at the end of
each work day including progress notes, data sheets, production
paperwork and incident reports as required. Read and respond to
email communication on a daily basis.
- Administers medications as required.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Program Operation Requirements:
- Performs program maintenance and cleaning tasks that have been
designated by shift responsibilities.
- Follows and implements all program safety procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively
with a culturally diverse population of individuals, co-workers,
care providers, family and community members.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a
- Professional documentation and communication skills, as well as
demonstrated organizational skills.
- Ability to negotiate and resolve differences.
- Ability to function under pressure in a fast-paced human
- Ability to be flexible, open and responsive to ongoing industry
- Ability to articulate and communicate Bay Cove missions and
strategic direction in a consistent and enthusiastic manner to
- Ability to identify opportunities and obstacles and develop
effective, creative solutions to pursue opportunities.
Requirements for the position:
- Has adequate computer literacy to perform agency
- Attends required orientation and training, including in-service
training, conferences and seminars.
- Ability to use computer for documentation, email communication
and on-line training.
- Department of Public Health certification in medication
administration is required..
- An acceptable CORI (criminal record assessment).
- High School Diploma or equivalent, one-year previous work
experience in human service setting preferable.
- Ability to assist people with mobility impairments as
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
Keywords: Bay Cove, Boston , Education & Employment Counselor - Per Diem - City Square Employment Supports (CSES), Education / Teaching , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!