Special Education Teacher (non-licensed and licensed) $2,000 signing b
Company: Nashoba Learning Group
Posted on: December 10, 2018
Job DetailsLevel EntrySalary Range $30,000.00 Salary/yearDescription Position Summary: The Special Education Teacher provides direct services and behavioral support to the program's students. These services include the delivery of programming utilizing the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). Responsibilities: Staff in the Teacher position are responsible for:
- Providing highly individualized, one-to-one Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy to 4-5 students per schedule and according to the protocols established by the Clinical Director. The ABA Therapist will be trained on each student's academic programs, daily living skills, vocational skills and individualized behavior plan.
- Consistently collecting accurate data for academic programs, daily living skills, vocational skills and behavior (frequency, antecedent-behavior-consequence, duration, etc.)
- Reporting to work promptly at:
- Bedford School Location: 8:30am and remaining at work until 3:30pm (unless their responsibilities require them to come in earlier or stay later, which will occasionally occur)
- Billerica School Location: 8:15am and remaining at work until 3:15pm (unless their responsibilities require them to come in earlier or stay later, which will occasionally occur)
- Following NLG's emergency procedures (administering SOLVE strategies, First Aid or CPR), whenever needed.
- Attending Medication Delegation training run by the School Nursing staff
- Taking the students on community outings, in their own personal vehicle, when necessary according to the objectives outlined in each specific student's IEP and/or behavior plan (employees of NLG can submit for reimbursement for the number of miles they drive in their vehicles, with a student).
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of all students within NLG and while out in the community.
- Ensuring that all materials used and the classroom as a whole are left in a neat and orderly fashion at the end of each school day.
- Reporting any clinical issues that arise to that specific student's Clinical Director and reporting to the Training and Development Coordinator or Executive Director for administrative issues.
- Working cooperatively with the Staffing and Allocation Assistants and other ABA Therapists in the neighborhood to execute all shared responsibilities (i.e. setting up car ride schedules, the neighborhood cleaning schedule, helping with transitions at 11:00am and 1:00pm, etc.)
- Staff in the ABA Therapist position are given one specific student (out of their case load of 4-5 students) for which they will be the Understudy. The Understudy is responsible for the development and/or maintenance of the academic and behavioral programs for that specific student. Understudies will be taught about the student's programming by the Lead Therapist for that specific student. The Lead Therapist will be their Mentor. The Mentor is responsible for guiding the Understudy through the 'Therapist Development Checklist'. Once the Understudy has completed the Lead Therapist section in the 'Therapist Development Checklist' they are ready to become a lead therapist for one student.
- An Understudy is responsible for meeting with their Mentor regularly, in order to learn about the major processes, practices and procedures of Nashoba Learning Group (NLG). All meetings will be tracked on the 'Mentor/Mentee Meeting Log' to ensure that both parties are meeting their responsibilities.
- In addition to the meetings with their Mentor, the Understudy is responsible for attending the following monthly meetings:
- The All Staff Meeting-the first Thursday of every month at 8:00am
- The Neighborhood/Floor Meetings- Bi-monthly at 8:15am, the date each month will be specified by each neighborhood's Classroom Coordinators
- Post Clinic Meetings: Occur once a month, for each student in a staff member's case load. This meeting is to keep everyone on the student's team up to date with their program and/or behavior plan.
- Group Trainings: All staff members are required to attend Group Trainings in order to fulfill the required number of hours of training (24 hours per year) for staff development. Trainings take place from 3:30pm to 4:30pm) from September to May. Qualifications An Understudy/ABA Therapist needs to have:
- A Bachelor's degree
- At least two references that will attest to the Understudy Therapist/ABA Therapist's interpersonal skills, energy, work ethic, commitment to providing optimal education to children with autism, a love for children in general, their ability to work on a team, leadership skills, integrity, ability to accept and learn from feedback and skill in ABA.
- The ability to physically perform all job duties, including carrying students up to 50 pounds, keeping students safe and in close proximity at all times, particularly on outings and safely restraining students in excess of 100 pounds up to 200 pounds when necessary.
- Been trained in Strategies Of Limiting Violent Episodes (SOLVE), First Aid and CPR. Classes to obtain these qualifications will be provided by NLG. The SOLVE introduction course(16-20 hours) will be provided during the first three months of employment and then a1.5 hour refresher course will be held annually.
- Passed a background and CORI check.
- A driver's license in good standing.
- Experience delivering ABA therapy under the supervision on a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), or equivalent. Supervision and Performance Assessment:
- Nashoba Learning Group adheres to the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis in its management of employees as well as in its teaching of children. Performance requirements are clearly specified, performance is measured frequently, feedback is given immediately and mastery of particular skills allows access to higher level skills. Reinforcement, in the form of pay, professional development opportunities and recognition is tied to performance.
- The Understudy Therapist/ABA Therapist positions will be evaluated on general performance, cooperation, teamwork and maintenance of the student's books. The Lead Teacher and/or Clinical Director will assess the Understudy Therapist/ABA Therapist on clinical performance.
- Approximately twice per year an assessment will be made regarding the ABA Therapist's performance. Certain data that is continuously or intermittently recorded throughout the year will also be incorporated into the assessment. Within 2 days, the ABA Therapist will have a chance to review the assessment with the person who executed it. From that review, the ABA Therapist will be reinforced for good performance and develop an action plan with the reviewer to enhance performance. Follow up assessment will be scheduled based on that plan. The purpose of assessment and feedback is to assist the ABA Therapist in continuously improving their performance. It is expected that performance will improve over time. It is also expected that there will always be opportunities to learn and grow.
Keywords: Nashoba Learning Group, Boston , Special Education Teacher (non-licensed and licensed) $2,000 signing b, Education / Teaching , Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!