Digital Electrical Engineer
Company: Sonos Inc
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Location: Santa Barbara
Req#: 5586 Our small team of electrical engineers create ground-up
designs to drive the greatest wireless speakers in the world. We re
looking to grow our team to explore new technologies and new
circuit designs. In our Boston and Santa Barbara offices we have
fully stocked electronics labs, state-of-the-art anechoic chambers,
isolated radio screening rooms, comfy listening rooms and a passion
for making great audio products!
If you have the same passion for digital electronic design, you
belong with us. We require a solid understanding of CPU design with
an emphasis on high speed peripherals. You ll be partnering with
other digital, analog, and radio electrical engineers to create low
noise circuit solutions. Those solutions will be combined with
award winning mechanical and acoustic designs to fill homes with
music throughout the world!
* Energetic, passionate, and thorough
* Ability to use simulation/analysis tools and engineering judgment
to close issues
* Strong sense of ownership, able to execute on designs as well as
explain design decisions to others
* Excellent time management
* Ready to join a team, continue learning, and contribute to our
More than a candidate that checks every box, we re looking for
people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos no matter
their background or how they identify. If that s you, we hope you
ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look
forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You
assume everyone s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and
embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help.
Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively
contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity.
You re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn
from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the
future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to
understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You re
passionate about culture and know the power that music, film,
podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
What You ll Do Responsibilities
* Participate in the development of ground breaking world class
* Design CPU subsystems and other digital circuits
* Capture ORCAD schematics and guide PCB designers on optimum
* Measure and test new designs; debug and improve those designs as
* Perform circuit simulation and electronic tests for signal
integrity and impedance matching
* Work cooperatively across disciplines in a fast-paced
* Enhance the excellence of Sonos products through research and
prototyping of new technologies
Skills You ll Need
* BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in
high speed digital design
* Solid understanding of the following digital designs: CPU, PCIe,
SDIO, DDR, NAND Flash, USB, Ethernet, I2S, I2C,..
* Good knowledge of high performance ADC and DAC
* Basic knowledge of switching regulators
* Lab experience on independent and team design projects
* Experience with circuit simulation software
* Familiarity with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and other
electronic lab equipment
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
More About Sonos
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom
wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people
listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want,
where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new
technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our
software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while
participating in a culture that values respect, transparency,
collaboration, and ownership.
Together we re working to positively impact the world and inspire
everyone to listen better because listening brings people together,
builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part
of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU
Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity
employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its
supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is
committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations
to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable
accommodation because of a disability for any part of the
employment process, please send an e-mail to
email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request
and your contact information.
Keywords: Sonos Inc, Boston , Digital Electrical Engineer, Engineering , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!