Senior Platform Engineer
Posted on: September 17, 2020
*THIS ROLE CAN BE BASED ANYWHERE IN THE UNITED STATES
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Are you motivated by a strong sense of purpose in doing work that
helps keep people safe and business running daily, with results
that regularly make headlines* Are you passionate about innovating
at the industry s cutting edge in developing solid architectural
principles, operability guidelines, progressive scaling
methodologies, and other sophisticated techniques to reliably
deploy and operate critical technology infrastructure at scale* Do
you have an appetite for streamlining inefficient practices,
reducing toil through automated methods, and proactively
anticipating and eliminating operations problems before they
If so, this position is a promising opportunity for you to join the
Everbridge Platform Engineering team in a hands-on role driving the
design, implementation, and operation of our global platforms.
ABOUT THE TEAM
As the Everbridge Platform Engineering team, we are responsible for
developing and extending our internal platforms that power the
extensive portfolio of Everbridge's Crisis Management
Everbridge believes in the power of platforms to create leverage
and empower developers. Our internal platforms enable our developer
teams to accelerate their delivery of world-class services that
delight our customers. The platforms that we support automate the
global delivery, maintenance and operation of critical information
systems to help keep people safe and businesses running.
We are a distributed engineering team that works in a heterogeneous
blend of worldwide public and private cloud services, committed to
serving our internal customers by doing the right thing, and doing
WHAT YOU\'LL DOING:
* Keep people safe and businesses running.
* Collaborate across Agile teams with Architects, Developers,
Quality, Data, Security, and Site Reliability Engineers on
designing and implementing readily consumable, highly reliable and
scalable platforms that support Everbridge s wide-ranging services
* Develop comprehensive automation of provisioning, deployment,
configuration and telemetry management processes in production and
* Quickly and efficiently troubleshoot operational issues,
providing effective support that ensures we realize our internal
service level objectives.
* Identify process improvement opportunities within Operations and
Development, recommending solutions, contributing to their
implementation, and facilitating continuous improvement.
* Develop, implement and maintain continuous integration and
continuous deployment pipelines that exemplify best practices.
* Develop a solid understanding of Everbridge s business process,
workflows and data.
* Mentor junior engineers, and routinely share proven practices
that help teams grow.
* Have fun while working hard to make a difference.
WHAT YOU\'LL BRING:
* Previous experience contributing in pre-production and production
environments as a Site Reliability, DevOps, SaaS or Technical
Operations, or Software Development engineering role
* Dedicated commitment to technical excellence and quality customer
* Proven ability to write code in one or more modern programming
language. (Python, Go, Ruby, Perl or Java)
* Expertise in using GitHub s or GitLab s basic and advanced
features, and deep familiarity with Git porcelain and plumbing
functionality as applied to practical infrastructure code and
configuration data management
* Subject matter expertise with IaaS/PaaS solutions, similar to an
AWS Solutions Architect or equivalent
* Subject matter expertise and hands-on familiarity regarding
automation tools typically utilized in an Infrastructure as Code
* Familiarity with tools and processes characterizing a Continuous
Integration/Continuous Delivery environment, encompassing
pipeline-driven provisioning, orchestration, configuration
management, and operations monitoring
* Familiarity with cloud networking architectures, operations and
monitoring, including network and applications security best
* Production caliber UNIX/Linux operating systems and environments,
at scale and encompassing security maintenance
* US Citizenship and ability to pass a Federal drug screening
* Familiarity with platform engineering principles, implemented as
a suite of functionality that provides consistent and reliable
services to the applications layer which it supports
* Continuous integration and deployment/delivery pipelines
facilitating DevOps best practices
* Provisioning, deployment and configuration management tools
supporting an Infrastructure as Code paradigm. (Terraform, AWS
CloudFormation, GoogleBuild, Saltstack, Ansible, Puppet)
* Application virtualization, containerization, and
service-oriented-architecture technologies, e.g.
* HashiCorp suite products (Docket, Kubernetes)
* Infrastructure/application logging, telemetry, monitoring and
alerting solutions, e.g. (Datadog, SumaLogic, AWS CloudWatch)
* RDBMS, NoSQL, and hybrid data tier platforms, e.g. (MongoDB,
* Infrastructure tooling required to maintain positive control over
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including
sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin,
disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: EverBridge, Boston , Senior Platform Engineer, Engineering , Burlington, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!