Senior Engineer, Platform Scaling
Posted on: September 17, 2020
Senior Engineer, Platform Scaling
Wayfair is a leader in the eCommerce space for all things home. We
live and breathe modern technologies. We are a move fast break
things, re-think old standards team with a startup feel and
continuous deployment. We contribute to (and create) bleeding edge
open source projects and continuously push the envelope to explore
the future of eCommerce and distributed infrastructure systems.
On the Site Reliability Engineering team as a Team lead, youll have
tons of opportunities to flex your strengths as well as learn new
things while directly assisting our internal customers.
Specifically, we are looking for engineers who can help us adopt
best practices around Linux automation and driving performance for
all of our platforms throughout Wayfair. As an Engineer on the
Platform Scaling team, youll lead multiple Linux initiatives and
drive performance enhancements across all of our platforms at
What Youll Do:
- Writes clean, high-performance, and well tested, infrastructure
code with a focus on
- reusability. (Python, GoLang, Powershell, Puppet,
- Create and maintain detailed documentation
- Establish, maintain, and adhere to Wayfair technical standards,
policies, and procedures
- Automate, Automate, Automate!
- Manage, monitor, and troubleshoot daily processes and make
improvements to current processes
- Recommend and implement infrastructure best practices in
alignment with standard SRE principles and provide guidance on
system performance and throughput expectations.
What Youll Need:
- BS, or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field
or equivalent industry experience.
- 7+ years of primarily Devops/SRE engineer experience
- Experience in one or more programing languages used in
infrastructure - Ruby, PHP, Python, GO, etc as well as familiarity
with version control such as Git/SVN)
- Advanced Operating System Skills (Linux)
- Experience with IaaS and PaaS architecture and rollout
- Experience with modern Devops practices (CI/CD, Microservices,
- Excited about removing repetitive tasks for automation and
- Excited about keeping up to date with the latest industry
Who We Are:
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the
home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or
Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were
reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our
commitment to industry-leading technology and creative
problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the
most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid
growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find
that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a
community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who
celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives
make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We
value and rely on the collective voices of our employees,
customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a
better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective
matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity,
ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity,
gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Keywords: Wayfair, Boston , Senior Engineer, Platform Scaling, Engineering , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!