Civil Engineer - Boston (E2)
Company: Tran Systems Corporation
Posted on: February 25, 2021
For more than 50 years, TranSystems has provided engineering and
architectural planning, design and construction solutions to
enhance the movement of goods and people across today's integrated
transportation infrastructure. Headquartered in Kansas City, Mo.,
its professionals in more than 30 offices throughout the U.S.
perform a broad range of services to all sectors of the
transportation and federal marketplaces. Services are delivered
throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to construction to
long-term operations, maintenance and rehabilitation. Come Grow
With Us! TranSystems provides the planning, design and construction
oversight for the transportation networks that drive our nation,
fueling the movement of people and goods on roads, rails, waterways
and through the air. As a 100% employee owned company, we are
committed to providing opportunities for growing careers by
developing and advancing projects for the transportation economy.
TranSystems' Boston office, located in the heart of downtown,
provides transportation engineering services on highway, bridge and
rail projects throughout New England and across the country. The
Boston office Highway & Traffic team works on a wide variety of
projects: intersection designs that incorporate traffic signals and
roundabouts; roadway corridor and bridge rehabilitation projects
that enhance bicycle and pedestrian accommodations and introduce
highway safety measures; interchange reconstructions that modernize
traffic operations. The Boston office has an immediate opening for
a Civil Transportation Engineer with 2 - 5 years of experience.
This candidate will work both independently and with project teams
on a wide variety of tasks with the Highway & Traffic team
including designing roadway alignments and profiles, developing
roadway corridors and grading plans, as well as preparing design
plans and participating in client meetings. General Duties &
- Prepare and/or review design calculations.
- Research different design options, code requirements and
- Prepare and/or review reports, contract drawings and
- Prepare and/or review construction cost estimates.
- Coordinate with Project Manager as to the general results
expected for tasks.
- Communicate frequently with Project Manager, Supervisor, and
project team members.
- Keep Project Manager informed of workload, provide updates on
- Communicate with, and attend meetings with: clients, project
team firms (subconsultants), and other project stakeholders.
- Participate in business development activities including
information gathering, and preliminary design (for design-build
- Ensure accuracy of engineering design and plans, quality
presentation, thoroughness and follow-through, and conformance to
budgets, schedules, and company standards.
- Broaden and maintain professional and technical knowledge by
attending educational workshops; reviewing professional
publications; establishing personal networks; participating in
professional societies. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering--from a 4-yr
accredited college or university.
- Experience with engineering design packages such as AutoCAD
- Knowledge of engineering civil design packages such as AutoCAD
Civil3D, Microstation InRoads, Microstation Geopak, and/or
- No relocation assistance provided.
- Experience working with MassDOT and other local transportation
- Experience working with engineering civil design packages such
as AutoCAD Civil3D, Microstation InRoads, Microstation Geopak,
and/or Microstation OpenRoads.
- EIT Certification. TranSystems is an equal opportunity /
affirmative action employer and ensures nondiscrimination and equal
employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance
with all applicable laws and regulations. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy status,
marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information,
citizenship status, disability, protected Veteran status or any
other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration
Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and
aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the
position is or will be one that is subject to U.S. law.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Civil Engineer, Construction, Engineer,
Transportation, Business Development, Engineering, Sales
Keywords: Tran Systems Corporation, Boston , Civil Engineer - Boston (E2), Engineering , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!