Principal Bio-engineering Scientist Job
Company: Boston Scientific Gruppe
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Purpose and Passion --- Comprehensive Benefits --- Life-Work
Integration --- Community --- Career Growth At Boston Scientific,
you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for
innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level.
With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life,
we're solving some of the most important healthcare industry
challenges. Together, we're one global team committed to making a
difference in people's lives around the world. This is a place
where you can find a career with meaningful purpose-improving lives
through your life's work. Boston Scientific is seeking a highly
motivated scientist or engineer with experience in energy-tissue
interaction to join a growing team developing first in class and
best in class technologies across multiple procedures in Urologic
surgery. The candidate must have a desire to utilize their skills
in the lab to solve technical problems in a hands-on manner. The
successful candidate for this position will provide expertise on
energy-tissue interaction to augment technology and product
development on multiple efforts with an initial focus on kidney
stone and benign prostatic disease. All positions are responsible
for following applicable BSC policies and procedures as defined by
- Performs research and development functions utilized in the
development of new or improved products.*
- Proposes new product concepts and ideas; prepares design
concepts and assists in building the initial prototype
- Develops product testing programs to be performed by in-house
and outside testing laboratories.
- Performs lab testing, conducts statistical analysis and
- Serve as technical consultant to development, manufacturing,
marketing and regulatory group on specific technologies*.
- Completes all engineering documentation related to assigned
- Communicates pertinent information to managers.
- Independently solves complex engineering and associate
- Interfaces with outside vendors and consultants and
participates in customer interaction s at company site, during
visits or professional meetings.
- Initiates active participation on project teams.
- Understands and enforces ISO/GMP/GLP requirements.
- Analyzes competitive products.
- Analyze research results and maintain records*
- May lead project teams in the development, verification,
validation and submission of new products.*
- Interfaces with key physicians on user expectations and product
features; relays in vitro data and participates during in vitro
- Provides support to Sales and Marketing as technical
- Keeps abreast of industry trends, competitive activity and new
technologies via industry trade shows and training seminars.
- Present and publish reports and proposals.
- Domestic and international travel (5-10%). All positions are
responsible for practicing all quality procedures and complying
with all BSC company polices.
In the performance of all tasks, meet all applicable regulatory and
quality system requirements. Education:
- PhD in biomedical engineering, material sciences, biophysics,
physics, biochemistry Experience:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in medical device industry (
Relevant experience during PhD study will be considered)
- Previous research experience with biologic effect of ablation
- Experience in conducting animal studies
- Knowledge of urology and gynecology is a plus
- Knowledge of medical lasers and their applications is a plus
- Deep understanding of the generation and delivery of directed
energy into biological systems and the responses of biologic
tissues and systems
- Extensive experience with analytical methods of biologic tissue
- Demonstrated experience with the conception and/or development
of translational solutions aimed at applying novel or improved
therapies in clinical practice (e.g., applied research and/or
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities
- Good working knowledge of the activities required in the
product development cycle
- Self-initiator in relation to project and/or project teams
Physical Requirements: Able to work in typical laboratory, clean
room, and office environments Able to work with high power lasers
(up to 300W) As a global medical technology leader for more than 35
years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform
lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health
of patients. If you're looking to truly make a difference to people
both around the world and around the corner, there's no better
place to make it happen. Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity
Employer - Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender
Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Chemistry, Biochemistry, Scientific, Medical,
Engineer, Science, Engineering, Healthcare
Keywords: Boston Scientific Gruppe, Boston , Principal Bio-engineering Scientist Job, Engineering , Marlborough, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!