Company: Latitude Inc.
Posted on: February 26, 2021
We are currently hiring Mid Level and Senior Level Robotics
Engineers to join our team and work on government robotic
development projects. Our multi-disciplinary engineering team
designs, develops, and deploys robots which inspect the world's
most critical infrastructure. In addition to a broad technical
background and enthusiasm to learn new areas of expertise, a
hallmark of the hardware engineering team, specific robotics
expertise is required for this role. In this evolving role as an
experienced robotics engineer, you will provide technical
leadership for improving our robots' localization on inspected
assets and further developing our robots' capabilities, including
autonomy, along our technical roadmap. You will be involved in
multiple aspects of the design process, including
conceptualization, requirements definition, sensor and firmware
development, and performance verification and validation in the lab
and field. What You Will Do
- Help define and execute the technical roadmap for improving the
localization, mapping, and autonomy capabilities of inspection
robots for a range of operating conditions, including outdoor and
indoor inspections on a variety of plant assets in the power
generation, oil & gas, pulp & paper sectors.
- Evaluate the performance of current localization capabilities,
evaluate sensor technologies and sensor fusion algorithms, and
develop, integrate, and verify solutions for localization
- Collaborate with software team to design the data structures
and pipelines to efficiently integrate localization information
into the overall robot-enabled inspection data system within our
robotics-as-a-service business model.
- Develop other features to improve the capability of current and
future robots, along with support infrastructure such as logging
- Participate in initial system bring-up and integration testing
to verify system design and field activities to validate
performance and resolve design problems. Debug hardware and
software modules during launch, production periods, deployment,
field support, and service. These responsibilities include
localization but extend to supporting other hardware design
- Lead and prepare documentation associated with design,
analysis, investigation, and test phases. What We are Looking For
- BS or beyond in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering,
Robotics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related technical
- 3+ years experience in localization, mapping, and path planning
for mobile robots in the field.
- Knowledge of ECAD software (Altium preferred).
Keywords: Latitude Inc., Boston , Robotics Engineer, Engineering , Hanover, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!