Principal Firmware Engineer
Company: Analog Photonics
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Analog Photonics is a fast-growing startup developing the next
generation of miniaturized LiDAR sensors for autonomous
We are seeking an experienced firmware architect or engineer to
join our LiDAR effort. The role will collaborate with a
multi-disciplinary team of FPGA , electrical, and systems engineers
to design firmware that controls our innovative chip-scale LiDAR
- Architect the design of embedded software for LiDAR
- Work with electrical and firmware engineers to choose target
processors for next-generation prototypes and product LiDAR.
- Given a hardware target, make high level design choices about
the embedded software.
- Design firmware targeted for embedded processors using
- Implement digital control algorithms and state machines
- Implement data communication interfaces over USB, Ethernet,
- Aid in board-level bring up of new LiDAR hardware designs
- Develop software drivers for communication between our LiDAR
and host PCs
- Develop software test environments to improve firmware
- Generate documentation that allows internal and external use of
our LiDAR APIs.
- Generate interface control documents that define messaging
Education B.S. (M.S. preferred) in computer engineering, electrical
engineering, computer science, or related field 2+ year of embedded
C or C++ development Proven ability to deliver projects
successfully and on time. Familiar with standard board-level
peripheral interfaces such as SPI and I2C Able to read electrical
schematics Able to read and understand datasheets for complex
digital electronics Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Self-motivated, and dependable. Excellent English verbal
communication and technical writing skills.
Working Environment: Office based and laboratory in Seaport
(Boston). Occasional travel for conferences, supplier, and customer
Application InformationFor application and more information please
contact:David Paquette: email@example.com Jobble
Keywords: Analog Photonics, Boston , Principal Firmware Engineer, Engineering , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!