R&D Engineering Technician
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Why work at Entegris?Lead. Inspire. Innovate. Define Your
Future.Not everyone who works for a global company shares the same
background, experiences and perspectives. We leverage the
differences of our employees to bring new ideas to the table. Every
employee throughout the company is encouraged to share input on
projects and initiatives. Our decision making process is truly a
collaborative effort as we realize there are leaders at every level
of the organization. We put our values at the core of how we
operate as an organization - not just when it's convenient, but in
a lasting and meaningful way. We want the time and energy you spend
here to have a positive impact on your life inside and outside of
the office.Entegris is a values-driven culture and our employees
rally around our core PACE values: People AccountabilityCreativity
ExcellenceThe Membrane R&D group is looking for a motivated and
team-oriented individual to join our collaborative group focused on
process development for liquid filtration membranes. The core
purpose of this role is to support the R&D team with lab
related activities to develop new membranes and cleaning processes.
This position reports to the R&D Principal Membrane
- Run R&D equipment to make polymeric membranes through
thermal inversion process
- Execute safely testing protocols for polymeric membranes.
- Assist with Design of Experiments and execute daily
- Assist with start-up and commissioning of new laboratory
- Help in troubleshooting equipment and minor assembly and
disassembly of equipment.
- Occasionally work on production equipment.
- Follow standard test practices and procedures.
- Collect samples and submit requests for lab analysis
- Compile, document, and share results.
- Help in writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for common
- Complete routine cleaning and maintenance of R&D equipment
and maintain good housekeeping and organization within the
- Work with other groups including New Product
Development/Introduction, manufacturing, Analytical lab, EH&S,
etc. as needed to support R&D work.
- Package & ship material when needed.
- Order materials, chemicals, and product from warehouse.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.Traits we believe make a
- 5 years laboratory or chemical handling experience, or 5 years
of service in Manufacturing or Quality/Analytical environment, or
2-year degree in science or engineering field, or an equivalent
combination of training and experience.
- Experience with working with hazardous and corrosive
- Familiar with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Attention to detail, systematic approach, good record keeper,
- Good communication skills.
- Self-starter, takes on additional tasks without direction, and
completes tasks with minimum supervision once trained.
- Excellent collaboration within the group and with other
- Proactive and clear communication on work activities.
- Ability to execute assigned tasks to a high standard and
provide reliable, high quality data that the group can trust for
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvements within our
procedures and equipment to improve safety and efficiency.
- Aware of EH&S best practices for working with chemicals and
waste and puts emphasis on completing work safely.
- Some flexibility in work hours.Physical Requirements:
- The physical demands described are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
- This job requires the ability to stand for long periods.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms
and you must be able to move throughout the
- Able to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
- The work environment characteristics described are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
- This is a manufacturing environment. It involves exposure to
moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock and moderate to
high noise levels.
- Person may be required to interact with on-site manufacturing
- Wearing safety glasses, Nitrile Gloves, and other PPE when
- Other safety garments or protection may need to be worn,
depending on the nature of the work area.Our total rewards package
goes above and beyond just a paycheck. Whether you're looking to
build your career, improve your health, or protect your wealth, we
offer generous benefits to help you achieve your goals.Very
Competitive total compensation plans.A 401(K) plan to help you plan
for your future with an impressive employer match that's all yours-
no vesting!Great health, dental and vision insurance packages to
fit your needs to ensure you're happy and healthy.3 weeks vacation
- plenty of time to recharge those batteries!At Entegris we are
committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and
applicants. Our policy is to recruit, hire, train, and reward
employees for their individual abilities, achievements and
experience without regard to race, color, religion, sexual
orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital or military
status.Entegris strongly encourages all of its employees to be
vaccinated against COVID-19. At Entegris, COVID-19 vaccination is
preferred but not required at this time.
Keywords: Entegris, Boston , R&D Engineering Technician, Engineering , Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!