R&D Materials Engineer
Company: Boston Metal
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Boston Metal is commercializing cutting edge extractive
metallurgy technology that will revolutionize primary metals
production, while decreasing cost and lowering environmental
impact. This fast-paced startup company is looking for an R&D
Materials Engineer to join its growing Alloy Development
team.Duties will include alloy processing, laboratory-scale
experimental design and setup, chemical hood operation, sample
preparation and analysis, data analysis and reporting, analytical
equipment maintenance, laboratory supplies, documentation, and SOP
management.Required ExperienceHands-on experience in academic
research or technical environment conducting laboratory-scale
experiments, materials processing (casting, welding, coating,
etc.), sample preparation and analysis, data analysis/reporting.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Materials Science or Metallurgical
Engineering, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.Desired Experience
- Experience with materials processing: casting, welding,
coating, cladding, etc.
- Familiarity with laboratory furnace operations.
- Metallographic and other sample preparation and analysis.
- Experience with optical and SEM microscopy.
- Data analysis and reporting.
- Laboratory equipment maintenance.
- Experience with vacuum chambers and equipment.
- Experience with chemical hood operations.
- Experience with CAD software.
- Good record keeping and organization skills.
- Experience with high-temperature processes > 1000
-C.ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONYou will be working in a small team
environment where teamwork and good relationships with other team
members is critical. We routinely wear Personal Protection
Equipment (PPE) and you should be prepared to do so as well.We
offer a full benefits package including health, dental, vision,
life and disability insurance, paid vacation, sick time & holidays,
and a 401k with company matching provision.Boston Metal is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, ancestry, disability, or military status.Please
provide resume if interested.
Keywords: Boston Metal, Boston , R&D Materials Engineer, Engineering , Woburn, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!