Consultant Engineer Intern III
Company: FM Global
Posted on: November 26, 2022
More information about this job:
Are you interested in a career where you have the power to
influence outcomes and make a difference in the future - yours,
your clients', and the company's? When you join FM Global as an
intern, you can bring your engineering learning to life and learn
how we help clients neutralize potential disaster such as fires,
explosions, earthquakes, floods, and many others.
If you enjoy variety, we will put your time management and
organization skills to use through field visits, office work, and
projects. We will have you involved with special projects, job
shadowing, and real work, both in the office and out in the field.
We will help deepen your practical engineering knowledge and pave
your road to success by taking an immersive journey into our
Explore our unique business model and key differentiators through
training, research, and first-hand experience! Shadow employees in
a range of departments, attend meetings, and experience being a
part of the FM Global team. Gain exposure to our training program
for consultant engineers, access on-demand learning sessions across
a range of topics. Learn how to apply our loss prevention standards
for FM Global clients. Join our engineers in the field and live a
"day in the life" of a consultant engineer. Assist with special
projects and see how engineering data is used throughout the
During the internship, you will be given assignments of limited
scope and complexity giving you the opportunity to learn. The
internship will provide the opportunity to:
- Participate in FM Global training to learn the fundamentals of
building construction, occupancy, protection, and exposures (COPE)
as it relates to risk assessment and risk mitigation.
- Learn the fundamentals of fire protection systems.
- Trail FM Global Consultant Engineers during their visits to
commercial properties of varying complexity and learn how to
perform "hands on" site assessments of the physical property,
- Review mechanical and electrical equipment operation,
installation, maintenance, and loss potential hazards.
- Make recommendations and/or engineering solutions to ensure
client understanding and agreement for risk improvement.
- Document risk analysis of locations visited.
- Lead and deliver a technical project to be determined by FM
- Shadow professionals in various departments within FM Global to
gain a holistic understanding of the company and engineering
- Participate in professional development events with other
Successful Consultant Engineer Interns have the following
- Plan to graduate with a bachelor's degree in engineering
(civil, chemical, mechanical, industrial, electrical, etc.) or fire
protection; able to demonstrate diverse knowledge of engineering
- Ability to work full time during summer internship and commute
to assigned operation throughout internship;
- Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle throughout
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; good
analytical, organizational, problem solving, and interpersonal
- Efficient time management skills; naturally inquisitive and
able to undertake and deliver projects;
- Physical ability to climb commercial ladders (ex. inspect
roofs), lift > 25 lbs., and some clients require working in
- Proficient in MS Office products. Please note that all FM
Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for
open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be
prepared to provide proof of vaccination
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to
attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Keywords: FM Global, Boston , Consultant Engineer Intern III, Engineering , Cohasset, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!