Assistant Program Coordinator at a University (Engineering) in Boston
Company: Contemporaries, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
OurUniversityclient inBoston is looking for a detail-oriented
Assistant Program Coordinator at a University (Engineering) in
Boston to support the department director and financial managers.
This position collaborates with finance managers in creating
efficiency in departmental processes and provides exceptional
customer service to students, faculty, and external constituents.
This role may be partially remote and is a potential temp-to-perm
opportunity. Experience with SAP and/or Concur is a plus. 2-4 years
of professional experience in related areas is acceptable as the
client is open to more junior candidates capable of growing in the
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Department Procurement
- This position will be accountable for creating
office-associated shopping carts and acting as department liaison
for inquiries related to the procurement of goods and
- Department purchases may be made via university procurement
credit card and/or SAP shopping carts.
- Most department purchases are research-related and will require
tracking to ensure goods and services are received in a timely
- Student Worker Management
- Position will work with faculty to assess course needs for
student workers (Graders/Teaching Assistants, Research
- This position posts and hires and completes the onboarding
process for student workers.
- Will also be accountable for administering time sheets and
tracking the total hours billed for each course.
- Notifications of monthly billed hours are emailed to faculty to
minimize overages in the student-employee budget.
- Student payroll data is used for budget planning and the
- Business Office Administration:
- Provide a high level of customer service to students, faculty,
and the BU community by responding to inquiries from related to
sourcing & procurement, student payroll, general finance questions,
and Micro-CT Imaging Core.
- File all documentation in accordance with both institutional
audit guidelines and institutional grant policy.
- Oversee routine expenses for service and supply orders.
Allocate orders to the correct cost center and G/L. Save a copy of
the order and quote to the department shared drive.
- Coordinates and books air flight travel arrangements and
processes staff business and travel reimbursements.
- As needed, assists grant administrators with post-award
financial reporting, which includes reconciling grant budgets vs.
actuals and notifying grant administrators of upcoming grant end
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT:
- In collaboration and with direction from the Finance Manager
will monitor and provide departmental budget coordination.
- Maintains the current department budget(s) (primary faculty
discretionary accounts and Student Group accounts) and assists with
the creation of projections and forecasts.
- Position responsibilities will also include: updating and
maintaining budget systems, creating all departmental journal
entries, creating/editing monthly/annual departmental financial
reports, and coordinating travel-related paperwork.
- Manage Micro-Ct Imaging Core
- Generate monthly invoices from QuickBooks for scan data sent by
the technician. Generate an additional monthly Accounts Receivable
master invoice in BUworks for external customers.
- Perform monthly income reconciliation to ensure funds are
received for the billing period.
- Maintain database records, reports, and tracking files
containing scan data and associated project detail including
organizational and billing records to ensure data integrity and
accurate financial administration for all departmental projects and
- Run database reports and conduct quality control reviews to
ensure the accuracy of financial records.
- Take the initiative to work directly with our customers to
update and correct discrepancies while maintaining a high level of
diplomacy and customer service to resolve issues that impact
financial records and processes. Identify processing problems,
offer solutions, and work with the department Director to develop
effective procedures to ensure department and PI requirements are
- Prepare financial reports for quarterly financial review with
the core director and department management by reconciling the
core's cost center, providing feedback on fiscal status, and
contributing recommendations to ensure the core's budget ($40K) is
- Responsible for budget projections in preparation for upcoming
fiscal year budget submissions, which includes; expense tracking,
identifying future facility equipment and equipment maintenance
(info provided by core director), and identifying potential
decreases/increases in customer activity.
- Assisting with the rate-setting process will ultimately ensure
accurate and current pricing for all Micro-Ct Imaging Core-related
services; directly affecting the amount of revenue generated for a
given fiscal period.
- Previous experience in a role with some of the functions
- Strong office software skills.
- Experience with enterprise office programs preferred (SAP,
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills, and
knowledge of common office equipment
- Able to communicate well, both verbally and via written
- A friendly demeanor with great customer service skills
- Able to learn new tasks and skills quickly
- B.A./B.S. (any field)
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of
the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling
employees in Boston and Greater Boston.
Keywords: Contemporaries, Inc., Boston , Assistant Program Coordinator at a University (Engineering) in Boston, Engineering , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!