VDC Engineer I
Company: Gilbane Building Company
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The VDC Engineer I assists the VDC staff on project assignments, BD
pursuits and process documentation.
- Create virtual mock-ups and other modeling activities
- Produce construction phase VDC reports, meeting minutes, and
- Communicate Effectively - Listen to understand and clearly
convey information in all forms based on the audience to ensure
shared meaning of the message
- Act Inclusively - Ensure that actions and behaviors are
respectful; show empathy and treat others with dignity. Leverage
capabilities and insights of individuals with diverse perspectives,
abilities and motivation.
- Solve Problems - Identify, prioritize and implement
alternatives for a solution.
- Demonstrate Agility/ Adaptability - Maintain effectiveness and
adjust to change by exploring the rationale, trying new approaches,
and collaborating with others to make the change successful. Create
an atmosphere of open-mindedness to change.
- Drive for Results - Show passion and commitment while
delivering on business outcomes. Create a sense of individual
ownership and accountability.
- Champion Innovation - Identify opportunities for new and
improved ways of doing things that result in value added, unique
and differentiated solutions.
- BS or MS degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Functional use of Microsoft Office, Revit and AutoCad
- Basic understanding of computers (CPU, RAM, Hard Drives, Video
- Ability to effectively communicate via verbal, written, and
graphical mediums with Architects, Engineers, Trade Contractors,
and the Gilbane project teams
Gilbane offers an excellent total compensation package which
includes competitive health and welfare benefits and a generous
profit-sharing/401k plan. We invest in our employees' education and
have built Gilbane University into a top training organization in
the construction industry. Qualified applicants who are offered a
position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Gilbane is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to age,
color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Keywords: Gilbane Building Company, Boston , VDC Engineer I, Engineering , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!