Project Engineer, Offshore Wind Americas
Company: RWE AG
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link Location(s): - Boston,
MA, US To start as soon as possible, Full time , Permanent
Functional area: Engineering - Introduction The Engineering
Department within RWE Offshore Wind is looking for a Project
Engineer -with a solid technical background in offshore wind to
manage project-level design and optimization activities, plus other
multidisciplinary engineering workstreams on our US projects. -
- Drive project engineering activities to deliver competitive,
optimized design decisions. In particular co-ordination of:
-Project-level design and optimization activities (including
project capacity, footprint and layout selection); Energy
production estimate activities; Project consent envelope;
Integration of innovation workstreams.
- Manage multidisciplinary / multidepartment activities ensuring
clear communication and alignment is maintained, safeguarding
safety by design alongside deliverability, project commercial
drivers and other design constraints.
- Champion continuous improvement within workstreams; with a
particular focus on safety, project economics, inclusion of any
innovation or auction specific requirements.
- Maintain robust documentation of your workstreams and any
resulting design decisions with supporting evidence.
- Design optimization activities: develop best practice strategy
/ methodology, identify design constraints and targets, co-ordinate
engineering cost modelling activities (including design studies and
optimization exercises), deliver technical reviews, identify key
design levers. Administrate and review inputs across disciplines of
the consent project description and envelope definition.
- Act as the bridge to the energy production and loss disciplines
- provide technical review and alignment as the project
- For innovation management: manage integration of innovation
workstreams, coordinate feasibility assessments, business case
inputs, and documentation as required to deliver adoption decisions
and drive the maximum value into projects.
- You will strive to remain well-informed of technological
innovations and practices through regular contact with other teams,
projects, departments, industry and academic experts. -
- Engineering degree from an accredited university in relevant
background (Civil, Mechanical, Ocean, Electrical, Naval,
- 8+ years of industry experience in either -Offshore Wind,
Onshore Wind, Offshore Oil and Gas, or other large complex energy
industry related projects.
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Demonstrated -engineering design experience and leading cross
functional engineering team projects.
- A strong understanding of the competitive offshore wind market
would be considered a plus.
- Direct experience with engineering system design, optimization,
and cost and schedule modelling.
- Familiar with industry codes and standards applicable to
offshore wind projects.
- Good organizational skills and experience of project
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication
- Willingness to innovate and challenge the status quo with a
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally.
- Willing to perform relevant offshore safety trainings and "go"
offshore for certain activities.
- Fluent spoken and written in English. Apply now with just a few
clicks: ad code 80167 - We value diversity and therefore welcome
all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality,
ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual
orientation and identity.
Keywords: RWE AG, Boston , Project Engineer, Offshore Wind Americas, Engineering , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...