Laser Applications Engineer
Company: IPG Photonics
Posted on: November 20, 2023
IPG Photonics is revolutionizing the laser industry as the
pioneering developer and leading producer of fiber lasers and
amplifiers. Headquartered in Marlborough, MA, IPG has over 6,500
employees in more than 30 locations around the world. We aspire to
work together with our employees and customers to apply light in
ways that improve life. -
Our mission is to develop innovative laser solutions to make the
world a better place. To accomplish this mission, we are committed
to attracting and retaining the best talent and an engaged,
diverse, and thriving workforce that drives a sustainable future
for our company and society.
Working at IPG Photonics you can expect challenging projects, a
motivating and friendly environment, and competitive benefits.
We are seeking a skilled Laser Applications Engineer to join our
team and contribute to the development of cutting-edge fiber laser
technology. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and
implementing custom process solutions for a variety of customer
applications, including laser welding, ultrashort laser machining,
laser cleaning, laser-based drying, and more. As an enthusiastic
and hands-on individual, you will thrive in our fast- paced lab
environment, embracing the opportunity to learn new technologies
and apply them to innovative projects. Your customer-facing role
will be integral in supporting our sales and marketing teams, as
you travel to tradeshows, develop new solutions, and serve as a
technical resource for assigned projects.
- Develop and document process recipes for custom laser solutions
tailored to customer requirements.
- Create and modify CNC programs as necessary.
- Program and operate robots for laser applications.
- Conduct demonstrations for visitors, showcasing the
capabilities of our laser technology.
- Set up and dismantle various beam delivery setups to suit
different project needs.
- Install and maintain equipment in the lab.
- Prepare samples for weld metallurgy analysis.
- Run small batches of pre-production jobs for customer
- Travel to tradeshows and customer facilities as
Keywords: IPG Photonics, Boston , Laser Applications Engineer, Engineering , Marlborough, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!