Machine Learning Infrastructure/ Platform Engineer
Posted on: November 20, 2023
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.
About the role:
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D
organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative
therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on four
therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the
boundaries of what is possible in order to bring life-changing
therapies to patients worldwide.
Join Takeda as a Machine Learning Infrastructure/ Platform
Engineer, where you will Build self-service and automated
components of a Machine Learning (ML) platform to enable the
development and monitoring of machine learning models. You will
Design, monitor, and continuously improve ML platform architecture
solutions which support applications executing at scale. You will
also lead Research existing open-source tools and MLOps and
Platform approaches taken by other companies to ensure we are
building best-in-class technology.
How you will contribute:
- You will work closely with data scientists, machine learning
engineers, data engineers, and other cross-functional teams to
ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the infrastructure
that drives our business.
- Document best practices, guidelines, and standard operating
procedures for the platform and contribute to knowledge sharing
within the team.
- As part of our team, you will contribute to the design and
development of cutting-edge ML infrastructure and platform to train
and serve models at scale, enabling our ML engineers to use the
latest techniques in their models.
- Design and implement core ML infrastructure and platform
components like Feature Store, Model serving platform and
distributed training pipelines.
- Keep up to date with new tools, tech stacks, third-party
solutions, and industry trends in ML.
- Collaborate with ML engineers to understand their requirements
and identify improvements to our infrastructure and platform.
- Collaborate with leadership to uplevel the ML tech stack and
improve the performance of the overall ML ecosystem.
- Build reliable workflows that allow engineers to independently
interact with our setup and self-serve the infrastructure they need
to run their apps and services.
- Produce system architectures and designs that balance the needs
of multiple constituencies and make core scenarios seamless.
- Build and maintain the infrastructure needed to support
end-to-end machine learning workflows, including data ingestion,
storage, preprocessing, model training, and deployment.
- Scale our ability to reuse models, features, and code in ML
systems across the company.
- Champion the interests of internal stakeholders and customers
to drive productivity improvements, reduce the time to develop and
expand new features. Ensure that their core needs are met to
translate models they create into systems operating at scale.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, Data
Science, or a related field
- Solid understanding of machine learning concepts and experience
working with machine learning frameworks and libraries such as
Databricks, Amazon EMR, etc.
- In-depth understanding of distributed systems, horizontal
scaling, caching, microservice architecture and robust system
- Proficiency in programming languages commonly used in machine
learning and data applications such as : python, C++, Rust,
- Prior experience working through the entire lifecycle of ML
model: development, training, deployment, experimentation,
- Experience with cloud-based services; AWS preferred (e.g., EKS,
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration
technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Airflow) and their
application to machine learning workflows.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines for automated model training
- Familiarity with data storage solutions and database
technologies commonly used in machine learning and data
- Basic understanding of DevOps principles and practices
- Prior experience building AI infrastructure components like
Feature store, training pipeline, model serving.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability
to quickly identify and resolve platform-related issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication and collaboration
skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Basic experience with deep learning tech-stack: TensorFlow and
- Experience working with computational scientists and
understanding their diverse needs.
- Proficiency developing production grade software incorporating
testing and monitoring.
- Experience with DevOps practices and CI/CD tools (e.g., Git,
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code (IAC) technologies and
automated infrastructure management/deployment patterns (e.g.,
Terraform, Ansible, Helm)
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development
of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient
support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will
inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating
careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in
everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace,
in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to
deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the
This position is currently classified as "remote" in accordance
with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
Base Salary Range: $ 130,000 to $ 186,000, based on candidate
professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for
Short-term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are
eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance,
401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days &
Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time
Off. This posting is made in compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay
for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. - 8-5-101 et seq
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a
number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills,
education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce
and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Takeda, Boston , Machine Learning Infrastructure/ Platform Engineer, Engineering , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!