Senior Performance Engineer
Company: Waltech, Inc.
Posted on: December 10, 2018
Location: Boston, MADuration: 6 - 12 monthsInterview: Phone / Skype followed by Inperson interview is MustTitle: Senior Performance EngineerRate: TBDThe performance test engineer will work with his counterparts to establish a high quality performance testing strategy, build test plans and detailed performance tests, develop test scripts mapping to appropriate requirements and will produce test results artifacts. The performance engineer will be responsible for developing and executing extensive application performance tests and collaborate with software developers and Cloud Service platform architects to analyze application performance and provide optimization recommendations. Finally, the person will also contribute to the automation process, in order to integrate the performance campaign within our CI/CD pipeline.Main Responsibilities
- Improve our performance tool stack to speed up and facilitate the analysis of the application performance, while leveraging on the test scenario developed by the component and E2E testers. Conduct study, compare tools, present results to the management.
- Improve, document and communicate the performance stream processes in order to facilitate the contribution of the development team to extend our performance campaign. Help to build performance engineering best practices, standardization and
- Work with the project team to develop a comprehensive performance testing strategy, including detailed performance testing requirements.
- Work with the project team to analyze changes introduced and assess potential performance impact and level of performance testing needed.
- Collaborate with the software development teams to translate the performance requirements into appropriate test cases.
- Design, script and execute load, stress, and scalability testing.
- Deliver comprehensive performance testing reports and present them to the software development and project team.
- Profile client and server calls triggered by the system and provide performance related feedback.
- Lead the collaboration effort on performance tuning applications and systems under test. Education:
- Bachelor Degree or higher
- ISTQB certification is a plus Relevant work experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience in performance testing discipline
- 5+ years of experience with test toolset (ALM, JMeters, Blazemeter, Smartbear suite, Taurus, SOAP UI)
- 5+ years of experience with application performance monitoring software (Grafana, Blazemeter)
- Preferred experience with trace tools such as Fiddler, HTTPWatch, and AppDynamics
- Experience testing SOAP and REST webservices; understanding of SaaS delivery model
- Knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases.
- Working knowledge of UNIX, LINUX, Jenkins.
- Proven experience and best practices in requirements management, test case development, test analysis and reporting results
- Detailed oriented, demonstrated discipline and analytical problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn and actively seek new skills and knowledge to keep up with the changing technology field.
- Ability to think outside the box, adapt to circumstances, learn from co-workers, and share information and experiences.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate in a positive and professional manner, both verbally and in writing
- Leadership, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with proactive customer service skills
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented, and drive toward completing goals and projects on time
- Ability to multi-task, manage priorities and mentor/direct others
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups and individuals Business understanding:--- Knowledge of travel industry and related technologies a plus--- Thrives in a professional, team-empowered environment Skills:Computing: SOAP, XML, REST/JSON, Swagger, Web-Services Languages: Python, Groovy, Java, SQL Specific knowledge: SOAP UI, Selenium, ALM, Jira, Jenkins Other: Cloud knowledge - provided by Dice Jmeter, Performance Engineer, Blazemeter, Smartbear suite, Taurus, SOAP UI, Grafana, REST/JSON, Swagger, Web-Services
Keywords: Waltech, Inc., Boston , Senior Performance Engineer, Engineering , Lexington, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!