Partner Engineer, Vertica
Company: Micro Focus
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Vertica is looking for a Partner Engineer to evaluate, design,
implement and improve technology integrations within the Vertica
partner ecosystem. It involves in leveraging your technical skills
to research, develop and collaborate the integration methods for
new and existing partner technologies. Your expertise will help
maintain vital relationships with technical engineers from Partners
product who you will work with on regular basis.
As the technical product expert for our technology partners, you
will work closely with the various Partner software products such
as Business Intelligence Tools, Analytical Tools, Data Integration
Tools, and cloud infrastructure. The person needs ability to deep
dive into these tools and understand the limitations and
constraints of integration developed by the Partner products.This
allows the engineer to prepare best practices recommendation that
will provide tremendous value to our customers.
The Partner Engineer is an energetic internal and customer facing
professional, with proven expertise to work with technology
companies. Furthermore, strong understanding of technology is
required in order to be able to explain the product vision and
roadmap to the Partners.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITY OF PARTNER ENGINEER AT VERTICA:
* Manage and maintaining relationship with Technology Partners that
have product that integrates with Vertica.
* Work directly with technology product in terms integration
required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall
architecture of product or solution.
* Identify opportunity to improve integration with Partner product
and work with them.
* Document and publish how the integration work between the Partner
product and Vertica.It requires you to install, configure and
validate the product.
* Develop and maintain deep understanding of Vertica and how it
interact with Partner products using various protocol like ODBC,
JDBC, ADO.NET etc.
* Collaborate session on detail understanding of products between
Partner s Technical teams and Vertica Engineering team.Work closely
with Vertica support team and Field team on identifying and
resolving any integration issue between the products.
* Work closely with the offshore Partner Engineering team and
provide support, guidance and mentoring.
* Provide recommendation on enhancement to Vertica Product
Management team based on internal testing and/or customer
experiences with partner products.
* Travel is limited (once or twice a year).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information
Systems, or equivalent.
* Working experience on Windows and Linux platforms.Basic scripting
* Very good programming fundamentals, with experience working on
enterprise software. Understanding of Languages like C and C++ is
advantages, but not required.
* Good communication, presentation and meeting facilitation
* Proactive, positive, self-starter, and team player with passion
to working with 3rd party product tools.
NICE TO HAVE:
* Some experience designing, implementing, and supporting
enterprise integration solutions with a track record of meeting
business requirements.For example - Integration solutions that
includes any tools like Data Integration (e.g. Informatica or
similar) or Business Intelligent (e.g Tableau or simi) or
Analytical tools (e.g Knime, SPSS, or similar) and other category
* Proven ability to partner with both internal and external
stakeholders, helping driving both strategic and tactical
* Experience working with a technical customer base and corporate
IT projects and processes
* Experience with on-premises and/or cloud infrastructure
development and deployment
Micro Focus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees
will receive consideration without discrimination because of race,
colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
Keywords: Micro Focus, Boston , Partner Engineer, Vertica, Engineering , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!