Performance Engineer: Tooling & Measurement
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Performance Engineer: Tooling & MeasurementShopping for the home is
often overwhelming. Wayfair is an extreme case - it's visited by
two million people daily, shopping across more than 14 million
products: Home furnishings, decor, home improvement, housewares,
and more. Wayfair is visited by two million people daily, shopping
across more than 10 million products: home furnishings, decor, home
improvement, housewares, and more. Storefront Performance ensures
the customer experience is delightful by driving best-in-class
tooling to help Engineers and Product to deliver content quickly
and be responsive to users on any device or network. As a
Storefront Performance Engineer you will create the tools to allow
any Engineer to find and resolve performance bottlenecks. Our
tooling also makes performance visible, understandable, and
actionable to all other parts of the business. We are looking for
an experienced engineer energized by analyzing performance data,
driving optimal software architecture solutions, and enabling fast,
impactful improvements to any part of the application. What will
- Develop the best measurement strategy with minimal overhead and
- Make it easy for all teams in our Storefront to improve overall
page performance through the use of time-series data,
OpenTelemetry, analytic pipelines, and tools we create.
- Leverage and improve our internal tools to pinpoint performance
regressions as early as possible in the development cycle.
- Consult with teams to adopt best practices in order to deliver
the most performant customer experience.
- Think outside the box to develop and verify the next crazy idea
to improve site performance. How will you be challenged?
- Co-writing your team's roadmap, in collaboration with product
managers, engineers on your team, and various stakeholders.
- Contributing to conversations about shared architecture, and
how we can improve it.
- Running point on large projects, and making sure the
engineering voice is heard among all the teams contributing to a
- Tackling the unique challenges of building a new two-sided
marketplace within a fast-growing E-commerce company, while
architecting and leading major initiatives.
- Challenge existing architectural standards, code quality, and
advocate for improvements by setting new standards.
- Work on problems of scale - we have a global audience, thus you
will help build systems that are highly performant, reliable, and
fault tolerant for users across the US, Canada, and Europe.
- Be a mentor for junior engineers on the team. Who you Are:
- Minimum five years experience in software development and
- Deep knowledge of both server and Front End aspects of web
- Demonstrated expertise in software architecture, designing
scalable systems, and performance analysis.
- Familiarity with statistics and data analysis
- Effective communication skills.
- Familiarity with PHP and React About UsWayfair is one of the
world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work
in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our
warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the
way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to
industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are
confident that Wayfair is, and will be, home to the most rewarding
work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant
learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing
career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair
is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators,
risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and
know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and
well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective
voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to
help guide us as we build a better Wayfair - and world - for all.
Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to
be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital
status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran
status, or genetic information.
Keywords: Wayfair, Boston , Performance Engineer: Tooling & Measurement, Engineering , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!