Company: Judge Baker Children's Center
Posted on: January 17, 2020
The Department of Children and Families (DCF) Hotline, operated by
Judge Baker Children s Center (JBCC), is a statewide emergency
response system that provides a critical service to ensure the
safety and protection of the Commonwealth s children. The Hotline
operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, with DCF
Area offices fielding calls weekdays from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. The
Hotline fields over 100,000 calls a year. Hotline staff are trained
to assess the urgency of each call, elicit critical information,
and initiate an emergency response when children are at imminent
risk. The Hotline works in partnership with DCF managers and
on-call workers across the state to respond to emergency reports,
imminent safety situations and reports of missing or absent
children. The newly redesigned Hotline program consists of three
units: Child Abuse and Neglect Unit, Missing or Absent Child Unit,
and the Hotline Support Unit. The new Support Unit support DCF with
coordinating emergency placements when necessary and information
Founded in 1917, JBCC is a Harvard Medical School affiliate with
proven leadership in children s mental health, special education,
and child welfare. Recognized for integrating research, training
and direct service, JBCC is committed to enhancing the quality of
care by bringing best practices to children and families of diverse
JBCC is seeking four full-time Clinical Managers to work in the DCF
After-Hours Hotline program. This is an exciting opportunity to
work as a critical member of a new leadership team implementing and
operating a significantly expanded and redesigned DCF After-Hours
The Clinical Managers are responsible for clinical decision-making
of the DCF After-Hours Hotline program 24/7, 365 days/year. They
ensure optimal decision-making aligned with DCF policies and
procedures and provide clinical consultation in the decision-making
activities throughout the program. The Clinical Managers supervise
the Supervisors of the Child Abuse and Neglect and Missing and
Absent Child Units of the Hotline and are responsible for ensuring
a high level of performance of supervisors and screeners. The
Clinical Managers work collaboratively with the Quality Improvement
Manager, carrying out quality assurance activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for clinical decision-making throughout the Child
Abuse and Neglect and Missing or Absent Child Units.
* Serve as clinical subject-matter-expert on the Hotline leadership
* Collaborate on the development of Hotline policies and procedures
with primary responsibility for clinical policies and
* Conduct end-of-shift reviews.
* Monitor performance measures and collaborate on consequent
quality improvement activities.
* Conduct call-monitoring and report-auditing activities.
* Provide call-coaching in real-time.
* Provide direct-report staff with instruction, support, and
feedback on performance with a focus on personnel development.
* Oversee training in clinically-related subjects including
training on de-escalation techniques.
* Provide crisis management and de-escalation as needed.
* Develop and maintain strong working relationships with DCF to
provide programmatic support, coordinate new activities, and ensure
compliance with DCF policies and procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Judge Baker Children s Center embraces workplace diversity and is
dedicated to the achievement of equality of opportunity for all its
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age,
national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected
group status under federal, state or local law. Judge Baker is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Qualifications and Skills
* Master s Degree in Social Work or related field is required.
* Professional license at the independent level in social work or
* Understanding of DCF s mission, vision, priority objectives, and
* Familiarity with the relevant DCF policies and procedures.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to lead and manage crisis situations.
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, including
respect, compassion, tact, and professionalism.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills;
* Minimum of three years of experience in child welfare;
* Commitment to cultural humility, diversity, equity and
* Proficiency working with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
$72,000-$75,000 per year
Interested applicants should attach (1) a cover letter specifically
addressing your experience related to the job responsibilities
above and (2) attach a curriculum vitae.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Keywords: Judge Baker Children's Center, Boston , Clinical Manager, Executive , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!