Emergency Management Project Manager
Company: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Posted on: November 23, 2020
DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: The Emergency Management Program covers
BIDMC and BID-Milton Hospital. We are a well-established,
hospital-based program that is recognized for its innovation,
depth, and strength. We are highly engaged with city and state-wide
partners, participate on many work groups and task forces
surrounding preparedness and other emergency management
The program consists of a Director and two project managers who
work to mitigate, prepare, respond to and recover from events that
alter normal-operations at BIDMC and BID-Milton. This is a fulltime
Monday-to-Friday position, with some weekends and holidays required
for special events.
JOB LOCATION: Boston, MA
REQ ID: 36576BR
JOB SUMMARY: Facilitates work with contracted clients and manages
internal Emergency Management projects and activities at the
* Coordinates with contracted clients to support Emergency
Management program. Oversees current project management work plans
and provides guidance on future or new initiatives.
* Facilitates regular meetings, completion of work plans and
training initiatives. Manages and reports progress, successes, and
issues to manager. Advocates interdisciplinary participation in all
* Supports Medical Center training and planning initiatives.
Facilitates workgroup activities, manages and reports progress.
Participates in organizational Committees and Councils as assigned
* Develops approaches to quantify and report on key performance
measures in all project work. Provides training and curriculum
development in Emergency Management. Mentors team leaders and
teams. Identifies sources of data for teams including internal and
external benchmarking information.
* On-call hazmat/emergency management (30%-50%).
* Bachelor's degree required.
* 1-3 years related work experience required.
* Experience in emergency management, health care operations, or
* Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include
Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based
applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and
* 3-5 years hospital related work experience
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by
precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and
recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly
varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input,
innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve
* Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how
to accomplish defined results with some guidelines.
Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to summarize and communicate in
English moderately complex information in varied written formats to
internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and communicate
complex verbal information in English to medical center staff,
patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts,
practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex
* TEAM WORK: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or
work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team
environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the
operations of one or more departments.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer
service and staff training to meet customer service standards and
expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in
the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move
objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee
will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out
the hospital campus
Equal Opportunity Employer
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth by the
U.S. Department of Labor.
Keywords: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston , Emergency Management Project Manager, Executive , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!