Program Director, Adult Day Health Program
Company: Boston Medical Center
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Program Director, Adult Day Health Program Manages all aspects
of adult day health program administration and operation, including
regulatory compliance, adherence to guidelines outlined by the
Department of Public Health for adult day health programs,
financial management, strategic planning, personnel management,
public relations and promoting the program to the public. Duties
include management of daily operations, ensuring compliance with
state regulations, managing data, maintaining budgets, functioning
as a key liaison with public and private funding sources,
regulatory agencies and relevant hospital programs.
Requires a Bachelors degree with an emphasis in human services,
education, public administration, or relevant clinical degree (i.e.
Must have a minimum of five years of working with adults in a
health care setting in a professional position, 2-3 years of
related managerial experience.Works collaboratively with the
leadership of the Rehabilitative Services Department to oversee the
Margaret M. Shea Adult Day Health Program at Boston Medical Center.
Program Implementation and Infrastructure
- Develops and updates all guidelines and policies with the
purpose of ensuring compliance with all government regulations, as
well as maintaining alignment with the organization's mission.
- Monitors the effectiveness of the program, making adjustments
as needed. Develops and implements quality initiatives, including
staff recruiting and training, conducting medical record audits,
monitoring/reporting of significant clinical events,
monitoring/recording patient/family satisfaction, and
monitoring/recording satisfaction of referral sources.
- Oversee program safety and emergency evacuation plans.Personnel
- Works with Human Resources on the selection of qualified
employees for employment following all policies, guidelines, and
- Responsible for effective personnel management including
training, directing, chairing meetings, mentoring and instilling a
commitment to quality and excellence.
- Monitors staff performance to identify and evaluate program
strengths and challenges.
- Conducts employee performance evaluations and disciplines when
appropriate to include termination, with appropriate supportive
documentation as per established policy.
- Encourages staff and personally advances professional growth
and development through participation in educational programs and
workshops and maintaining knowledge of industry standards and
- Maintains personnel files for all assigned staff, including
current CV, current job description, and yearly performance
evaluation/goals and objectives.Public Relations
- Serves as the face of the program to the external community.
Attends community and national events in an effort to influence
policy and build and maintain positive relationships. Articulates
the purpose and goals of the program to potential partners and
general public through written articles, distribution of
promotional materials, public speaking and training engagements,
and participation in relevant conferences.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with
community services to ensure that necessary support services are
available to participants and their families.
- Maintains membership in state organizations relevant to adult
day health and represents the program at meetings.Administration
- Compiles data to determine status of program activities.
- Develops summary budgets, status and projections of the
program. Manage the fiscal administration of the program.
- Functions as a key liaison with relevant federal, state and
city agencies. Ensures clear communication and coordination between
Boston Medical Center and all regulatory agencies.
- Manages office space (may be responsible for managing facility
leases, key control, user id's, etc). Monitors and maintains
inventory of office supplies and equipment. Purchases as needed and
stays within established budget. Keeps office equipment in working
order and contacts vendors or IT, as necessary, for repairs or
- Chairs routine clinical meeting to discuss on-going cases;
intervenes in unusual clinical situations and instructs staff how
- Provides clinical assessments as needed, including intake,
assessment, treatment, transfer, and discharge of patients.
- OTHER DUTIES:
- Conforms to hospital standards of performance and conduct,
including those pertaining to patient rights, to ensure that
exceptional customer service and patient care may be provided.
- Utilizes hospital's behavioral standards and core values as the
basis for decision making and to support the hospital's mission and
- Follows established hospital infection control and safety
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Performs routine review of client charts to ensure compliance
to regulatory standards.
- Notify the participant or his/her legally authorized
representative in the event of change in a participant's charges,
billings, benefit status, or other administrative status
- Communicates with participants, their legally authorized
representative or contact person in the event of the following:
- An emergency, serious incident, or fire
- Severe illness involving the participant
- Incident involving the participant which results in injury or
requires medical attention
- A significant change in the participant's status
- A need to alter the participant's treatment significantly
- A significant revision of the participant's plan of care
- The need to transfers the participant from the program
- A change in a participant's charges, billings, benefit status,
or other administrative matters
- Notifies the participant, the participant's primary care
provider, and the participant's legally authorized representative
or contact person upon a decision to discharge the participant from
- Delegates responsibility for managing the day to day operations
of the Program during any short term absence of the Program
- Oversees quality assessment and performance improvement
initiatives. Full time 16681 About Us BMC Named by U.S. News &
World Report Among the Best Hospitals in the Region and a High
Performing Provider in the Areas of Nephrology and Geriatrics The
Human Rights Campaign named BMC a Leader in LGBT Healthcare
Equality in its 2014 Healthcare Equality Index (HEI) report. BMC
Named one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker's
Hospital Review Boston Magazine Named 62 BMC Physicians as "Tops"
in their Respective Fields, Including Nahid Bhadelia, MD,
Infectious Diseases, Featured on the Cover. BMC wins Healthy
Hospital Award from Stryker Sustainability Solutions for our
dedication to reducing waste and investing in environmentally sound
health care practices. Healthcare Information and Management
Systems Society Analytics Electronic Medical Records Adoption Model
Honors BMC with Stage 6 Recognition.
Keywords: Boston Medical Center, Boston , Program Director, Adult Day Health Program, Executive , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!