Sales Manager - Emergency Response Specialist
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job Description - Sales Manager - Emergency Response Specialist
(214070W-01) Job Description Sales Manager - Emergency Response
Specialist ( Job Number: 214070W-01 ) Description Role Description
- Manage and drive sales and developments with key North American
Emergency Response End-Use customers. This includes structural and
wildland fire departments.
- Represent and leverage the whole portfolio of DuPont Personal
Protection including Nomex--, Kevlar-- and Tyvek.
- Prioritize and develop strategy for and lead
execution/coordination of sales. This will include the following:
- Identification and prioritization of potential end users.
- Creation of a robust sales pipeline.
- Identify and foster key value chain partner relationships in
the field to support the sales pipeline.
- Proactively uncover unmet needs and demand signals.
- Proactively communicate competitive and partner dynamics taking
place in the market.
- Drive to completion wear trials and sales wins in territory,
both independently and with value chain partners.
- Coordinate with DuPont regional sales, marketing, quality and
technical to support overall team objectives.
- Represent and provide VOC on the market to the internal
- For key strategic end use accounts, identify and develop
account plans/contact plans.
- Initiate and support local product development/marketing
initiatives in each region.
- Promote DuPont brands and drive / enable developments.
- In addition, role will coach and support our broader DPP sales
team and external sellers on closing smaller opportunities within
- E xpand their industry expertise and influence through event
hosting and industry speaking engagements.
- Role may potentially expand to includes sales into other growth
markets requiring personal protective solutions.
- Sales Skills - Strong knowledge and application of the sales
process from lead identification, account targeting, needs
assessment, value proposition, sampling, testing, trials, financial
analysis, negotiation, and business close. Uses tools such as
Salesforce.com, forecasting, sales reporting, etc. to manage the
customer interface and account team. Works closely with marketing
to gather / share VOC and provide feedback & guidance on the
development of value propositions and programs. Ability to
influence and negotiate effectively with individuals. Comfortable
with inserting productive tension while maintaining a strong
- Customer Relationships - Can develop and maintain strong
relationships with end users, channel partners (corporate and field
personnel), internal DuPont staff, business partners, and key
industry influencers. Seeks information to understand customers'
circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs. Shares
information with customers to build their understanding of issues
and capabilities. Builds rapport and cooperative partnering
relationships with customers and finds the synergies to drive
win/win solutions. Considers how actions or plans will affect
customers; responds quickly to meet customer needs and resolve
problems; avoids over-commitments. Implements ways to monitor and
evaluate customer concerns, issues, and satisfaction and to
anticipate customer needs. Strategically and proactively considers/
when additional DuPont leadership connects/engagements are required
at the account.
- Business Acumen - Able to quickly understand the organization's
business model, competitive position, and financial goals. Can
quickly develop a deep knowledge of our external value chain,
customers, and market dynamics, as well as our internal structure,
systems, functions, and business processes; how the business
operates, including its planning processes and decision-making
channels; information systems; how products and services are
developed, sold, and delivered to customers. Can track the changing
needs and expectations of external customers; identifies links
between internal demands and external needs; works to understand
business priorities to achieve greater success. Uses business
terminology when communicating with others.
- Communication & Collaboration - Demonstrated ability to
effectively communicate (both oral and written) at all levels with
external and internal stakeholders. Strong interpersonal skills.
Highly skilled in negotiation and influence management. Able to
deliver a tough message. Possesses excellent interpersonal skills
with ability to work well with others in a team environment. Works
closely with district managers and rep firm sellers to coordinate
field support. May work with manufacturer's representatives to
co-manage corporate initiatives at select distributors.
- Analysis & Judgment - Strong computer skills including
proficiency in MS Office, SalesForce.com, SAP Business Warehouse.
Ability to turn transactional sales and point-of-sales data into
actionable insights. Ability to recognize issues or opportunities,
gather information, generate alternatives, involve others, choose
appropriate path, and commit to action. Possesses keen judgment to
get the heart of the matter.
- Managing for Productivity - Strong planning & organization
capabilities. Ability to multi-task and to form actionable plans
given objectives. Clearly self-motivated to be effective with
limited direct supervision and capable of aggressively competing in
a dynamic market that has significant competitive pressures. Highly
motivated and capable of getting results by delivering on
commitments, including closing new business, and maintaining
existing business Qualifications
- > 2 years experience selling into the Emergency Response
- Bachelor's degree in related field is preferred.
- Experience working with channel partner and managing channel
- Approximately 30-40% travel.
- Can be home office based. Preferences :
- Technical knowledge of DuPont--- Nomex-- and / or Kevlar--
protective apparel related products.
- Experience with personal protective equipment / safety category
/ Emergency Response segment.
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Boston , Sales Manager - Emergency Response Specialist, Executive , Wilmington, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!