Company: Delaware College of Art and Design
Posted on: February 25, 2021
The Library Director is responsible for maintaining and growing
the College's collection as well as planning and directing all
information literacy initiatives, library policies, and operations.
The Library Director works collaboratively with faculty and staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: Collection Management
- Works with the Dean, faculty and various committees to develop
short and long-range plans for the Thronson library collection and
its physical facility to ensure resource needs are being met
- Works with the Dean to develop and provide Information Literacy
instruction for students, staff and
- Collaborates with the Liberal Arts Area Coordinator to promote
the use of the Writer's Studio
- Maintain strong relationships with DCAD faculty to ensure that
resource needs are being met, including attending Faculty meetings
- Oversees all aspects of cataloging and collection
- Makes decisions as to gifts and interacts with library donors.
- Maintain a student-centered learning environment through
excellent customer service and innovative responses to information
- Maintains the library website and integration of resources
within the school's Learning Management
- Oversees purchasing of equipment, software and supplies for
- Manages the library's serials and digital
- Manages InterLibrary
- Develops and manages the library's annual
- Stays familiar with the College's curriculum, developments in
the art and design world, and with information science and
technology to ensure quality
- Selects and supervises College work study
- Maintains and analyzes statistical reports as part of the
library's assessment plan and departmental goals in support of the
- Communicates goals and needs of the library to stakeholders at
- Master's degree in library or information science.
- A minimum of three years of academic library experience.
- A strong background in art reference, technical services
processing, collection management, and information technology.
- An undergraduate degree in art or design is highly
- Experience developing innovative programs to respond to student
and faculty needs.
- Experience designing and presenting a curriculum of Information
- Demonstrated organizational and customer services skills.
- The ability to work independently and in groups.
- The ability to plan and implement new initiatives, and a strong
commitment to the value of an arts education. Applicants are
encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume/CV and contact
information for 3 professional references to
firstname.lastname@example.org . ABOUT DCAD The Delaware College of Art
and Design is located at 600 North Market Street in Wilmington,
Delaware. Established in 1997 in a joint venture with Pratt
Institute and the Corcoran, the College's mission is to empower
emerging creatives to take artistic risks and engage with inclusive
and diverse communities. Our vision is to become a nationally
recognized powerhouse of creativity, education, inspiration, and
engagement. We offer associate degrees in five majors: Animation,
Fine Art, Graphic Design, Illustration, and Photography and, to
date, have over 1000 alumni. The College's values statement
identifies four core values: Dedication, Creativity,
Accomplishment, Diversity. We value our entire community's
contributions and respect the ways that differences in culture,
experience, abilities, and background enrich the college
environment. Full-time employees enjoy a generous benefits plan
that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage. Vacation,
personal, and sick time are also provided. DCAD is committed to a
policy of equal opportunity for all educational activities,
admissions, scholarship and loan programs, and employment.
Discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,
physical disability, marital status, veteran status, or other
protected status is prohibited at the Delaware College of Art
Design. Acts of discrimination that limit or deny access to the
educational process and create a hostile environment are not
consistent with Delaware College of Art and Design's philosophy or
mission. EEO/AAE Monday-Friday 8AM-9PM Saturday-Sunday 9AM-4PM p
302.622.8000 f 302.622.8870 Copyright 2021 DCAD. All rights
Keywords: Delaware College of Art and Design, Boston , Library Director, Executive , Wilmington, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!