Vice President, Primary
Company: Harbourvest Partners (U.K.) Limited
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Job Description SummaryThe principle functions include
investment analysis, due diligence, investment recommendation,
investment monitoring, and fund reporting.Job Skills and
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, excellent quantitative
skills as well as both written and verbal communication
- Quality experience leading manager and fund due diligence
processes to underwrite investments in private market funds
- Should have strong interest in developing knowledge of the
private equity and capital markets.ResponsibilitiesPrimary
Partnership Investments- In Depth Due Diligence: 30%
- As part of a team, perform in depth due diligence on investment
- Write investment reports, present investment thesis and
analysis to Investment Committee.
- Make reference calls to portfolio company CEO's and co
- Perform portfolio company analysis.
- Benchmark performance against peers.
- Participate in the legal review and closing process for
- Perform detailed reviews of sectors within private equity
including detailed sector group comparisons (i.e. healthcare,
consumer, technology, etc.).Primary Partnership Investments-
Initial Review and Deal Flow: 30%
- Perform an initial review of investment opportunities through
reviewing new partnership offering memoranda. Update our internal
database with information and insight from this analysis.
- Schedule and participate in meetings with private equity
managers seeking capital.
- Present findings on investment opportunities to Partnership
- Continue to monitor and develop relationships with groups in
the market as well as managers coming to the market.
- Source Secondary and Direct Investment Opportunities - cross
selling in meetings and at annual meetings.Marketing and Client
- Meet with current and potential clients to review our due
diligence and internal review process.
- Work across HarbourVest teams to maintain portfolio
construction models, investment pipeline, and supporting materials
for current or prospective clients
- Work with marketing team to update investment marketing books,
complete RFPs, and respond to client requests.Fund Management,
Annual and Quarterly Reports, Annual Meetings: 10%
- Assist with reporting on assigned HarbourVest Partners, LLC
- Review in detail the annual and semi-annual reports for such
- For annual meeting, work with the Managing Directors to create
presentations for HVP funds by developing slides and supporting
- Present performance on various HVP funds to employees across
the firm at semi-annual internal review.Partnership Investment
- Monitor primary partnership investments and managers.
- Attend annual meetings and update meetings for the partnership
- Review quarterly status reports for internal portfolio
review.Special Internal Projects (Across the Organization): 5%
- PowerPoint presentations for industry conferences.
- Presentations and analysis for HarbourVest Partners, LLC off
- Assist in updating of the deal team matrix.
- Involvement in training new Analysts and
Associates.EducationBS/BA, MBA or equivalent experienceWork
Experience5+ years of relevant experience Posted 2 Days Ago Full
time R370 About Us HarbourVest is an independent, global private
markets investment specialist with over 35 years of experience and
more than $71 billion in assets under management, as of December
31, 2020. The Firm's powerful global platform offers clients
investment opportunities through primary fund investments,
secondary investments, and direct co-investments in commingled
funds or separately managed accounts. HarbourVest has more than 675
employees, including more than 150 investment professionals across
Asia, Europe, and the Americas. This global team has committed more
than $45 billion to newly-formed funds, completed over $28 billion
in secondary purchases, and invested over $21 billion directly in
operating companies. Partnering with HarbourVest, clients have
access to customized solutions, longstanding relationships, and
Keywords: Harbourvest Partners (U.K.) Limited, Boston , Vice President, Primary, Executive , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!