Account Director, IR & Corporate Communications (Contract to Permanent)
Company: LaVoie Health Science
Posted on: April 11, 2021
Account Director, IR & Corporate Communications (Contract to
Permanent) The Account Director for Investor Relations is an
experienced communicator who thrives in an environment where
passion, creativity and curiosity are valued. A passion for client
service, staff development and networking with a keen interest to
play a leadership role supporting the agency's growing client
roster of health science accounts. The AD has excellent
relationships with healthcare journalists and will lead media
relations initiatives on several key accounts. In addition, the AD
loves AP style, has excellent grammar, understands social media
channels, and knows how to motivate junior staff for results.
Possesses strong skills in investor communications, financial
media, social media, writing, client counseling, and sales. THE
Includes, but not limited to the following:
Client Management Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates success in nurturing, growing and sustaining
- Executes IR program for clients and counsels clients on
communications to "the street."
- Lead client engagements, serving as day-to-day account director
on designated account(s).
- Educates and updates investors and analysts.
- Develops appropriate strategies to communicate client brand
based on the competitive landscape and the news item; can
anticipate how message will be received across various
- Develops and executes client investor relations.
- Creates or assists in creating publications and electronic
media used in IR program.
- Manages and tracks budgets ensuring programs are delivered on
budget and within clients' expectations.
- Actively leads team to learn more about IR and effective tools
to gain client respect.
- Writes quarterly reports, press releases, Q&A's, fact
sheets, and other client documents. Works with team to provide
error-free drafts to clients.
- Ensures documents are finalized through internal protocols to
provide clients with error free documents.
- Leads quarterly board reports for clients and is a model for
agency team for Board communications.
- Writes new business proposals for IR practice.
- Demonstrates strong skills in thought leadership writing
assignments (e.g., bylinedarticles, op-eds, and white papers) for
- Oversees and edits the writing of junior staff on IR materials.
Client Counseling and Relations:
- Establishes good rapport with clients and speaks with clients
daily about routine activities.
- Attends client investor meetings (as needed).
- Injects creativity into client IR programs and collaborates
with PR team.
- Contacts and corresponds with clients; communication increases
as individual gains confidence and demonstrates sensitivity to
client culture and expectations.
- Taps senior counselor(s) for advice on handling client IR
situations and tricky communications.
- Recognizes an IR crisis as it is happening and creates possible
- Understands when senior client counselors need to be
- Participates in sales presentations (as appropriate) and takes
on more responsibility in drafting segments of proposal for IR &
- Joins industry organization(s), such as NIRI, and participates
in business networking to increase visibility of the firm and help
generate sales leads. Apply Now Please add your details below and
attach your resume and cover letter in the attachments section. We
will get back to you as soon as possible. Partner with us to build
your winning company Our experienced, multi-disciplined team
provides seamless integrated communications, offering strategy
consulting, investor and corporate communications and public
relations/marketing. Partner with us to build your winning company
Our experienced, multi-disciplined team provides seamless
integrated communications, offering strategy consulting, investor
and corporate communications and public relations/marketing.
20 Park Plaza
Boston, MA 02116 2021 LaVoie Health Science. All Rights
Keywords: LaVoie Health Science, Boston , Account Director, IR & Corporate Communications (Contract to Permanent), Executive , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!