Company: Bon Appetit
Posted on: May 16, 2022
- We are hiring immediately for a CATERING MANAGER
- Location: Emerson College, 120 Boylston St, Boston, MA 02116.
-Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-Time; As the catering business dictates, must be
flexible. If no events, Tuesday through Saturday 8-5:30 working on
catering but also helping to support day-to-day operations.
- Details: -This is a high-volume account with VIPs, students,
faculty, and staff catering. The Catering Manager will assist
Catering Director with client requests, menus, billing, and
oversight of events on campus.
- Requirement: -At least 2 years as catering captain with
oversight of staff and executing events.
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus AvailableWe Make Applying
Easy! -Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB -to
75000 -and search requisition ID number -1006460. -The advertised
program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs
with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data
rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and
conditions: Diversity -of thought and inclusion for all is what
drives our success - we invite you to start your journey with us
today!Are you looking for a job with competitive wages and
benefits, one in which you can learn and grow while making a
difference in the world? We're hiring! Bon App--tit Management
Company operates more than 1,000 caf--s around the country for
corporations, universities, and museums, as well as a few dozen
public restaurants. We've led the industry in socially and
environmentally responsible sourcing, from sustainable seafood to
cage-free eggs. We cook everything from scratch using fresh, local
ingredients.Learn more about careers with Bon App--tit: Job
SummarySummary: As a Catering Manager, you will be responsible for
managing the Catering Department in all duties including training
new associates, overseeing event set-ups, and directing any
temporary personnel in addition to their everyday assignments. You
will ensure proper service to clients during events, including
proper set-up, cleaning, and breakdown procedures. -Essential
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises all catering events.
- Involved in catering events operations, including logistics,
quality improvement, sanitation, and all facility-related
- Works with the Chef in creating menus.
- Trains catering associates in service techniques, menu
presentation, and customer service.
- Tracks and monitors the labor and food cost for each
- Communicates on various levels to include management, client,
customer and associate levels; maintains excellent client
- Assists in the responsibility for all foodservice-related
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- 2 years of food service experience including 1 year at the
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education,
military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Catering experience is required.
- Some knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on
quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and
- Financial, budgetary, accounting and computational skills.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products,
including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
- ServSafe Certification.Associates at Bon App--tit -are offered
many fantastic benefits.Both full-time and part-time positions
offer the following -benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home ProgramIn addition, full-time positions
also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)About Compass Group: Achieving
leadership in the foodservice industryCompass Group is an equal
opportunity employer. - At Compass, we are committed to treating
all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities,
achievements, and experience without regard to race, national
origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
-Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. -Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity. -*Los
Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).Req ID: -1006460 -[[filter4]] -
Keywords: Bon Appetit, Boston , CATERING MANAGER, Executive , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!