Senior Product Manager (Ablation)
Company: Sirtex Medical Limited
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Who We AreSirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with
offices in Boston, Sydney, Germany, and Singapore, working to
improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is
a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres -
Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied
to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical
centers in over 50 countries. We're a fast growing; dynamic
organization and we seek an experienced Senior Product Manager to
help us with our growth. This position will report to the Head of
Global Marketing who enthusiastically supports professional
What You'll DoThe Senior Product Manager will play a critical role
working hand-in-hand with internal and external key stakeholders to
drive new product development programs and add lasting value to the
organization through new innovative technologies. In this role, you
- Acting as the product management core team member responsible
for: (1) providing voice-of-the-customer marketing specifications
to the R&D team, (2) guiding the writing of customer
requirements documents, creating product labeling, defining
user-validation activities, developing claims and (3) generating
- Acting as the product commercialization lead developing and
executing a comprehensive global launch plan and strategy in
collaboration with field marketing for new products including:
developing product positioning, defining marketing messages and
collateral, developing sales and physician education programs and
training both domestic and international marketing and sales
- Championing product commercialization activities across
multiple internal and external groups such as engineering,
regulatory, medical, quality, sales, sales training, HEPRA,
- Determining and leading market research to identify market
needs and the corresponding product solution opportunities.
- Acquiring and analyzing feedback from key opinion leaders,
current and potential customers, third party market research and
- Possessing an in-depth knowledge of the healthcare industry in
general and more specifically, the segments targeted by assigned
products, including the motivators for action.
- Creating and implementing market development strategies to
target key customers.
- Collaborating with regional and global Sirtex stakeholders to
successful build the business and ensure good cross-functional
communication and alignment.
- Developing long-standing and productive relationships with
influential key opinion leaders.
- Ensuring every item released to customers complies with the
local regulatory authorities and has been approved in line with the
Sirtex approval process.
- Observing and complying with all Sirtex Corporate
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Global Head of
- Undergo all formal training events as may be directed from
- Work within, and ensure adherence to Quality System procedures,
work instructions and other Quality System requirements.
- Expectation to travel at a frequency to support the
Who You'll Be
- Minimum of 5 years product management and/or marketing
experience with a strong track record of launching new products
- Undergraduate degree (BS/BA) required. MBA preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with an emphasis on data-driven
- Prior experience in oncology / interventional oncology is
important (either in sales or marketing).
- Experience working with key opinion leaders in interventional
radiology and oncology would be ideal.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to effectively engage
with a variety of audiences ranging from patients to health care
professionals as well as interal company personnel.
- Must demonstrate initiative, a sense of urgency and
- Must have experience developing and effectively executing
strategic marketing plans.
- Must be a strong leadership with the ability to motivate and
What to Expect from UsIf you have the right skills and experience
and want to work for a company making a real difference to the
quality of people's lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to
achieve the optimum balance between work and personal
responsibilities and objectives.
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to
help facilitate an inclusive culture.
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are
practical, robust, fair, and equitable.
- A place to grow through career development and training
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to
improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the
Conditions of Employment
- Sirtex Medical has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy
effective November 1, 2021, requiring the COVID 19 vaccination for
all employees. In accordance with Sirtex's duty to provide and
maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting
this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their
families, and the community at large from infectious diseases that
may be reduced by vaccinations.
- Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for
medical or religious reasons should complete a request for
accommodation form and submit the form to the human resources
Sirtex is committed to equal employment opportunity and
non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants
without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion,
national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic
information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected
under applicable law. Sirtex will make reasonable accommodations
for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance
with applicable law.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion fosters belonging, growth
and success. Sirtex believes that it takes multiple perspectives
and voices to create a culture and workplace which fosters
engagement, teamwork, and employee satisfaction to perform our best
and deliver on commitments. We are dedicated to fostering an
environment where all employees feel valued, included, and can
share their ideas so that we can exceed even our own
Apply Now! Be part of an amazing team that is helping to save
lives, every day.
Keywords: Sirtex Medical Limited, Boston , Senior Product Manager (Ablation), Executive , Woburn, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!