Company: Toxikon Corporation
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Toxikon Corporation, founded in 1977, is a contract research
organization and testing company located in Bedford, MA. Our
mission is to provide quality pre-clinical product safety and
efficacy testing services, competitively priced, with on-time
delivery for the medical device, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology
industries.The Analytical Chemistry Laboratory Manager will report
to and work directly with the Department Head of Analytical
Services, in conjunction with laboratory operations personnel and
interface with sales and customer service.Essential Duties and
- Providing hand-on technical expertise in supporting routine and
non-routine chemical and pharmaceutical testing in accordance to
applicable regulatory requirements, including US FDA, EMA, and
- Oversee training of laboratory assistants and research
associates for laboratory tasks along with Study Directors
- Supervise laboratory workflow and project manage to
requirements of each client/project, ensure project timelines are
met, as well as identify, develop, and oversee continuous process
improvements to maximize quality and efficiencies in the
- Provide guidance in trouble shooting various analytical
instruments such as; HPLC, GC, GC/MS/MS, ICPMS, and others, and
interface with Metrology and Validation services on all equipment
both existing, and onboarding of new instruments.
- Write, review, and update SOPs
- Manage and assign inventory management of all laboratory
supplies and chemicals, and disposal requirements per the corporate
- Review and assist Study Directors and Quality Assurance Unit in
closing out protocol amendments, deviations and work to ensure
compliance with all applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Manage laboratory personnel to ensure project deadlines are
being met and technical work is being completed to standards.
- Perform reviews and generate personnel development plans.
- Work with Study Directors regarding study requirements,
protocol generation and provide assistance in data review and
- Interface and support the Sales organization, as required, and
communicate with clients on related projects.Minimum Qualifications
- A minimum of bachelor's or Master's degree in Analytical
- 5-10 years bench level analytical chemistry experience, with at
least 3 years demonstrated laboratory management experienceOther
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong personal initiative
- Proficiency in Agilent systems, including Open Lab
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy-corporate
- Must have a solid working knowledge of GLP regulations in an
analytical laboratory setting.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Successful leadership and management experience is required as
well as a familiarity with the preclinical process, including
method development and validation.
- This position is located in Bedford, MA.For additional
information about Toxikon, please visit www.toxikon.comToxikon
offers a comprehensive benefits program including paid vacation,
sick and personal time, 401(k) plan with company match, medical,
dental, vision care, life insurance, short and long-term disability
insurances, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance
program, employee referral bonus, discount programs and
more.Toxikon is an equal opportunity employer. As an equal
opportunity employer, we do not unlawfully discriminate against any
applicant because of race, sex, gender, ethnicity, religion, creed,
age, color, military/veteran status, genetic condition or
information, Family and Medical Leave entitlement, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital
status, qualified physical or mental disability, transgender
status, or any other legally protected class in accordance with
federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Toxikon Corporation, Boston , Laboratory Manager, Executive , Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!