Operational Excellence Manager - Commercial Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Company: Vertex Pharmaceuticals
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Operational Excellence Manager is responsible
for helping advance Commercial Manufacturing and Supply Chain
(CMSC) capabilities in project management and operational
excellence. They will provide operational support and lead process
optimization efforts. This individual will work collaboratively
across functions such as Quality, Regulatory, Tech Ops,
Manufacturing and Supply Chain to develop and deploy standardized
tools and best-practices for Risk Management, Knowledge Management,
Training, and business planning processes.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use defined methodologies (e.g. RCA, Lean/Six Sigma, process
mapping, analytics & overall application of DMAIC project
framework) to identify, analyze, and implement sustainable process
- Develop & implement metrics to measure diverse aspects of
business operations; leverages business analytics tools to compile
reports and dashboards for effective communication of key trends
and progress to all levels of the organization.
- Research and inform on latest industry practices and new
- Act as a change sponsor to ensure successful implementation of
new processes, procedures, systems, etc.
- Lead by example to promote an inclusive, motivating work
environment that encourages participation, creativity, learning,
and accountability.GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Be an integral part of growing the Operational Excellence Team
and contribute to the team's scope and direction.
- Self-starter; able to identify opportunities and drive
improvements to documentation, procedures, and processes that will
enhance efficiency and ensure best practices are implemented.
- Apply data-analytics to identify operational trends, and work
with business and process owners to resolve any issues.
- Recognize opportunities to support CMSC functions by
centralizing routine and operational activities.
- Steward the Continuous Improvement portfolio for Operational
Excellence and provide Subject Matter Expert support to project
leads to help advance their initiatives.
- Stellar interpersonal, communication and written skills with
the ability to work in a dynamic team environment, manage
priorities, and maintain timelines for multiple projects
- Assist with implementation of the Operational Excellence Road
Map to transform CMSC to a LEAN organization.
- Plan and execute projects (including change management and
communication plans).EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. in an engineering, scientific or allied health field (or
equivalent degree) and 4 or more years of relevant work experience
in the Biotech or Pharmaceutical Industry, or relevant comparable
- Must demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving
- Proficient with data analytics and visualization tools, such as
Power BI , Tableau.
- Strong project management skills (PMP preferred)
- Familiar with Risk Assessment tools and methodologies.
- Lean and/or Six Sigma training preferred (Green Belt)Company
InformationVertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in
scientific innovation.Vertex is committed to equal employment
opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified
applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender
identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry,
ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual
orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under
applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United
States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable
law.Please note that Vertex requires COVID-19 vaccination for all
employees working in the U.S. as a condition of employment at
Vertex, subject to medical, religious or other accommodations or
exemptions required by law. We believe this requirement is vital to
keeping everyone at Vertex and in our communities safe. This
requirement applies to both existing and new employees who may at
any time work on-site at a Vertex facility or visit another
location on behalf of Vertex (e.g., conferences, customer visits,
etc.), including all remote employees. Any applicant requiring an
accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to
perform the essential functions of the position for which the
applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or
hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at
Keywords: Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Boston , Operational Excellence Manager - Commercial Manufacturing & Supply Chain, Executive , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!