Software Engineering Manager
Company: Merlin Labs
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Merlin is an early stage autonomy company, building software to
control sophisticated transportation systems. Our mission here at
Merlin Labs is to develop hardware and software solutions that
deliver the capability for aircraft to fly useful missions
autonomously and safely. Our first product will be a certified
system to bring automation to existing fixed wing aircraft!
We're backed by some of the top institutional venture capitalists
in the country, our headquarters are located in Boston with hubs in
Denver, Los Angeles and the Mojave Desert. Come join our diverse,
world class team, made up of people from places like Google,
Airbus, Boeing, UTC, the US Navy, and the US Air Force.
All of the sky, none of the limits!
Are you an experienced software engineering manager looking to work
on an exciting aviation autonomy product? Do you have strong
opinions about how to build better aircraft systems using modern
software development methods? Do you enjoy guiding collaborative
teams of talented engineers? Would you like to own key pieces of
development for brand new flight capabilities? If so, you might be
a good fit for the team in a Software Engineering Manager role here
- Drive the progress of Merlin's rapid development autonomy
system, with primary responsibility for the team designing,
implementing, and testing the core platform software.
- Manage a talented and diverse group of software engineers
developing an aircraft autonomy system.
- Provide leadership by example: define and implement process,
write and test code, generate documentation, and ensure our product
ships and performs to the highest standards.
- Work with Merlin's world-class subject matter experts in
autonomy, flight controls, avionics, and experimental flight test
to develop and fly new capabilities.
- BS in Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, or a related
- 5+ years of experience developing software for aircraft
- Deep knowledge of relevant software engineering topics,
including C++, Linux, git, and open-source development tools.
- 2+ years leading teams to successful release and delivery of
- Experience designing, implementing, and testing software for
- Knowledge of fixed wing aircraft flight controls and
- Experience with aviation (ground school, flight school, pilot
licenses a big plus).
- Experience with ROS (Robot Operating System) or similar
robotics middleware and message passing frameworks.
- Experience with flight testing of aircraft of any type,
including experimental and UAV.
Merlin Labs offers an innovative, entrepreneurial, and team-focused
startup environment. We also offer a top-notch benefits package
(health, dental, life, unlimited vacation, and 401k with match) and
work/life integration. Being part of the Merlin team allows you to
become part of a small team that supports professional development
while working together to achieve our mission.
Merlin Labs is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,
national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability
status. All job offers are contingent upon the candidate passing
background, export control and reference checks.
Merlin Labs does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source
other than directly from candidates.
Keywords: Merlin Labs, Boston , Software Engineering Manager, Executive , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!